XXIV.

I woke up before the alarm went off

          I woke up before the alarm went off. My mind felt hazy and I stared up so hard at the ceiling that I was sure the blank white wall was ingrained into my mind. It's been a long week. Long month actually. I still couldn't quite grasp the reality of it all, that I was a princess. That I had some strange royal Glaciem blood running through my veins and I didn't know it, and that I had a kingdom to run. After my realization with Kalvin, I agreed to give him a swap of my DNA to make sure and almost sprinted back to the room, collapsing as soon as I saw the bed. 

I was a princess.

And my name wasn't even Aspen. That was the part that scared me the most, to think that I belonged to another alternate life as some girl named Serene. Serene. I didn't even know if I liked the name, not that I gave much thought to Aspen, but I felt attached to my name. I was an Aspen, I was who I was, and I felt like my name suited me. But does Aspen sound like a name fit for a princess, or even worse- a Queen? Was I a Queen? Aurora was gone and frankly, there were no more people to rule the Glaciem empire to my knowledge. 

Kalvin was so excited, that the Glaciems finally had their lost princess back. Did I want to be found? 

I rolled my head to the side to look at Blythe, peacefully sleeping in the opposite bed. She had a serene expression on her face, as if she didn't have a million thoughts running through her mind like I did. I hadn't told her yet, fearing that she would blab about it to the others and expose me for my new identity. There were too many risks involved with becoming public with this, especially with a murderer who has a motive to kill me- a motive that I didn't realize until now. The Westley's have some sort of weird goal to kill off every member in my family. 

My family. 

I had a family. It was strange to think, that people were wondering if I was okay, or even if I was alive. Kalvin didn't say anything about other family members, who my father was, or if Aurora had any siblings. 

The clock on the bedside table shook me, and Blythe's eyes popped open. Her faced turned from serene to irritable in a span of seconds, flickering an annoyed look over towards the alarm before reaching out an arm and slapping it quiet. 

"Morning" She yawns, rubbing her eyes and sitting upright in her bed. 

She still managed to look effortlessly beautiful, despite only having woken up. Vampire things. She sent me a smile, peering over my my fetal position. I was crawled up in my bed, my pillow stained with salty tears from the night before. I hushed my sobs when Blythe came back into the room, holding my breath until she slipped into unconsciousness. It was times like these where I wished that I had my own room, where I could cry in peace without being questioned about my wellbeing every five seconds. 

"Morning" My throat was horse and scratchy from crying the night before. 

I threw back the covers, slipping out from my warm comfortable bed. Fiddling unconsciously with my necklace, I made my way to the ensuite bathroom as Blythe dug around in the dresser for a change of clothes.