X.

*** d i e g o   b a r r u e c o     as    d a k o t a    c y r u s 

When I got back to my dorm, Blythe was standing in front of the floor length mirror, brushing her hair. She looked up when I entered and gave me a little smile, "Hey you. What did you do today? We missed you at dinner" She says, looking back at her reflection and brushing her hair. 

"Nothing" I wiped the last few remainder of tears from my cheeks. After seeing Dakota I fled from the library, dropping the book where I left them and ran back to the dorm. 

Blythe frowned when she saw my face again, "Why are you crying?" She drops her hair brush on the bed and walks over to me. I stood in the corner with my arms folded, kicking off my old shoes and flopping over towards the bed. Blythe sat beside me, brushing a piece of hair off my forehead and looking at me with a bit of concern. 

"I was at the library" I started then I proceeded to tell her all my findings and what I read at the library. I left out the part of seeing Dakota's eyes through the bookcase and when I was finished she had a surprised look on her face. She seemed thoughtful for a minute. 

"You know, I had my suspicions that you could have been a Glaciem. I didn't want to say anything" She said, "Now I wish I was with you". 

"What happened to James Westley?" I turned to her. 

Blythe's eyes narrowed, "You shouldn't say that name around here. There are a few subjects in our world that's taboo, and he is one of them. He's in jail now apparently, but nobody talks about the genocide. In respect for the dead, of course" She says. "I'm sorry Aspen" She whispers, rubbing my shoulders. 

"I want to try and find my parents, even if they are dead, I want to know their names" I say. Blythe nods in understanding, "Let's just go to sleep and you can ask Mr. Baines tomorrow about it" She says. 

I agree with her and get ready to go to bed. Slipping under the covers, my hand goes up to my necklace and I fiddle with it for a moment. I felt like I discovered a piece of myself but I still had more pieces to collect, I had more doors to unlock within myself and I couldn't stop until all of them are open. 

My eyes drooped closed, with one word on my mind. Glaciem.

 Glaciem