XXV.

I stayed later after Defence class for my usual meeting with Alfred, who of course, was running late once again

    I stayed later after Defence class for my usual meeting with Alfred, who of course, was running late once again. I was the only one left in the compound, twirling my thumbs around in anxiousness. It's been awhile since I had practised my magic, but this time, it had a whole new meaning behind it. I knew where my magic came from, and I finally understood the power behind it. 

The same magic that my biological Mother used to kill others, the same magic that could have possibly killed her. How do we know for sure that it was Westley? How could he have so close to her anyhow, shouldn't there be a barricade in front of the Queen? 

"Curious and curiouser" I mumble to myself, looking at the empty concrete walls of the compound. It looked like a boxing ring, situated in the basement of the school with a walkout to get to the back field. Training dummies lined the walls, with taped off circles around the floors. A wet substance was on the floor in the corner, and I scooted away from it. 

It could be blood but I didn't want to question it. 

"Sorry I'm late Aspen!" Alfred burst through the doors, but instead of his usual sweater vest and trousers, he was wearing jeans and a light t-shirt. 

"I've never seen you dress so casually" I noted as soon as he came through the door. 

"Well hello to you too" He rolls his eyes, briefcase still in hand, and places it on Prof. Cyrus' desk in the corner. He opens it up and pulls out a few papers, in a half-hazard manner, and spills them out onto the desk. Ruffling through a few, he finally finds what it is he's been looking for, and holds it up to the light.

 "Aha!" He says, in a eureka moment. I step closer to him tentatively. 

"What're we working on today?" I ask, eyebrow raised. 

"I have your parental papers back" His voice drops and suddenly I feel my face get cold. 

"What? H-how did you know about that?"

"Kalvin told me, he wanted me to be the one to tell you the results" He gives me a small smile. "Aspen, you don't know how important this really is, that we found the lost Glaciem heir" His eyes suddenly widen manically. 

"Hold on, what does the papers even say?" I ask. 

"You're Aurora's daughter, one hundred percent!" He smiles brightly. 

I know I should be happy to hear that yet I felt a ball of resentment forming in me. I was a princess, by birth sure, but I barely knew anything about this world! What did this mean? That I would go off to work in the government, rule a small clan of ice warriors? This wasn't some supernatural television show I was in, was it? What does this mean for my real mom? Josie Iverson was my best friend, and was I going to dump her for a new Mom just because she had some royal title? I was an Iverson, wasn't I? 

"You don't look happy" Alfred notices my fallen face. 

"I'm just thinking" I say, but he doesn't look too convinced.