XII.

I could hear the laughter and cries of students as we all walked down towards the forest through the courtyard

I could hear the laughter and cries of students as we all walked down towards the forest through the courtyard. This party seemed somewhat of a big deal around here, every student was giggling excitedly as we passed through the common room.

 It looked as if only Juniors and Seniors were invited to this, and by going it made us somehow important. I linked my arms through Blythe's and Damien's as we all walked down the hill and into the dark forest. 

It was a kilometre away from the school or so, by following other students down a path. Firelight could be seen in the distance, the sun was setting and the sky was a dark orange-pink. Beer bottles were on the ground from previous parties, and the laughter was getting louder.

 "God I love parties" Marina breathed from behind me, Damien laughed that. "Are you excited for your werewolf boy Aspen?" Damien hums, looking at me with a sly grin on his face. 

"If he wasn't a dog I would so pounce on him" Blythe says beside me. 

"If he wasn't straight I would so pounce on him" Damien echoes. 

I roll my eyes, "He's nice but I don't know if it'll go anywhere. I barely know him". 

"Hump then dump" Lucy chimes from behind me, we all laugh. 

By the time we got to the party and joined the rest of the students, it was in full swing. There was a giant bonfire in the centre, flames licking the sky. The sun hung low and it was getting darker by the minute, students hung around in groups either dancing or drinking or laughing along with friends. It looked like a scene straight out of a movie, everybody was drinking and having fun. Marina immediately went over to the drink table and poured herself and her sister a beer. 

Spotting Mason from the corner of my eye, he hung around a group of werewolves and perked up at the sight of me. He excused himself from his group and walked over to me. I had to admit he looked pretty hot, with his hair disbelieved, and wearing a nice blue sweater with jeans. He ran his hand through his short hair as he approached me.

 "Hey Aspen" he greets, looking me up and down. 

"You look g-goregous" He says nervously. 

"Thanks" I smile, easing the awkwardness, "Let's get a drink" I say. 

I bid farewell to a smiling Damien and Blythe and walk over to the drink table with Mason, he pours me a cup of something and hands it to me. 

I was never that much of a drinker, I didn't attend many parties before I came here. Diana would drag me with her occasionally but I never really enjoyed it, I didn't have many friends and people didn't seem to care what my name was. At Thornhill it was different. One week and people still looked at me when I walked down the halls, curious to see the new girl. Word got out that I was a Glaciem this morning, by Marina's doing no doubt, and people seemed to stare more now than ever.