Part 3

((It did! The shortages are evening out now, thanks again!)) (Im glad, and it's no problem. Though I'm sure Chief of Staff would've figured that out eventually) ((You think so? You must think highly of him)) (He's a smart guy) ((Apparently not as smart as you)) (Heh, you're making me blush) ((Am I?)) (A little) ((I was just stating facts)) (Well aren't you sweet) You had been writing back and forth with stranger for a while now, and for some reason, you found yourself smiling a bit because of them. Often. "Alright ___, Dragon-san wants you to- wow, you're actually smiling!" Koala gasps. "Am I?" You muse, touching your lips. "Yes! You've been looking a lot more cheerful lately," She comments. You shrug. "Anyway, what does he want me to do?" You change the subject. "Oh, he wants you to help Sabo on his next mission," She tells you carefully. You deflate at that, giving a childish pout. "Dammit," You sigh. She pats your shoulder. "It won't be that bad." She assures. "___," Sabo calls, coming into the hall. "FireFace." You greet evenly. He rolls his eyes back at the nickname. "I want to leave at dusk, get your things ready," He informs you. "Don't want to," You huff, looking to the side. He grits his teeth. "Too bad, Dragon-San wants you to come with me," He says. "Still don't want to," You grunt. "Fine, then I'll pack for you," He growls, walking back out. You pause in surprise. "W-wait!" You gasp, swiftly chasing after him. He was already opening your bedroom door, about to step in until you tackle him to the ground. "Stay out of my room nobleman!" You breath. "Or what?" He challenges. "I'll kick your ass," You hiss. He gets in your face, and you almost lean back in surprise. You keep still, reflecting his glare. "Then pack your shit," He growls. "Make. Me." You retort. He moves suddenly but stops short, seeming to stop himself. Your noses touched, both of you holding your glares. The air around both of you felt electrified, waiting for one of you to strike. He relaxes first, pulling back and closing his eyes. You relax as well, watching him warily. "Please ___, I don't want to fight with you today," He murmurs, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Then ask me," You reply calmly. His eyes open at that. "Will you get your things ready for a dusk departure for me?" He asks. "Sure, just tell me the ship we're taking," You answer, getting up. He blinks up at you. "You're so.... We're taking Freedom Wings," He tells you, also standing up. You nod. "I'll be ready soon." You watch the waves in silence. The atmosphere was tense on the small ship. 'Geez.. I'm going to have to have a talk with Dragon after this...' You think with a sigh. You hear Sabo come back out on deck and stop. His gaze sweeping over your back. "You..... I...." He was trying to think of conversation starter that wouldn't go south too quickly. You turn to him. "A recon mission?" You ask him. He blinks, relaxing a bit. "Yes, but it'll be dangerous," He warns. You shrug unphased. "I'm not worried," You reply, rubbing your neck. "You sure are confident," He comments. You smirk and get up. "Are you worried nobleman?" You tease. He blinks before glaring at you. "No, I was just saying," He grumbles, looking away. "Mm, sure ya were... I'm going to sleep," You decide, patting his shoulder before heading below deck. He watches you go before blowing out fire in annoyance. 'Anything?' Sabo asks. "No, just a lot of pirates," You reply, glancing around carefully. "What about you?" 'Same... I'll call you in a bit,' He says, his voice alerting you that he might have found something. "Thanks for the warning," You reply. With that he hangs up. You find an alleyway to stop in, relaxing for a moment. Gun fire sounds then, and the pirates started to move about hurriedly, 'Marines' they hissed. Your eyes narrow, touching the sheath of your arm blade warily as you peer out. Some pirates fought against the marines while others ran for cover. "I need to get back to Sabo," You mutter, heading the way he went. You briskly go through alleyways, coming to a street as more pirates run pass. A small body catches your eye, trying to weave through the legs. The blond lad trips suddenly, nearly getting trampled if not for you shielding him. You scoop him up and dive into another alleyway. "Thanks," He says as you set him down. He looks up at you and pauses. You blink at the scar over his left eye. So familiar. "You okay kid? You're not hurt are ya?" You ask softly, kneeling in front of him. He blinks a few times and you raise an eyebrow with a concerned frown. "Hey, did you hit your head?" "N-no... Thank you _-miss."