Part 12

"This is where you live?" Lucy murmurs, looking around your one bedroom apartment.
"Mhm, it has the best view of Vartigo," You reply, pointing to the horizon at the island speck. She blinks at the speck.
"Is that so?" She breathes.
"Yep, hope you don't mind sharing the bed, I haven't got a couch," You tell her, taking off your boots before removing your shirt.
"W-What are you doing!?" Lucy squeaks, making you look over to see her blushing slightly.
"I'm changing my shirt since Alex spilt his drink on it... Why? Does this make you uncomfortable?" You ask, raising an eyebrow. She blinks and looks away.
"Not at all." She manages.
"Okay..." You murmur, putting your shirt in the hamper. You pause, looking at your pants to see them also stained. "Dammit..." You grumble taking off your pants as well. Lucy turns away in slight embarrassment. "I might as well take a bath now," You sigh, grabbing some clothes. "Make yourself at home Lucy," You had before slipping into the bathroom.

Sabo/Lucy paced the room after you shut the bathroom door. He couldn't turn the blush off. He tugs at the collar of the shirt Koala had lent him. He had originally planned to just come out and tell you that he was Sabo. He stops his pacing, remembering lunch. He felt another wave of guilt. He had to know the truth. You couldn't know it was him, or you wouldn't tell him.
"Kyaa!" A scream makes him jump and swiftly open the bathroom door without thinking. You collide into his chest, latching onto him. Sabo/Lucy's eyes widen a heavy blush came to his face, seeing your skin slicked with water your hair down soaked.
"W-What's wrong?!" He squeaks in that female voice he still wasn't used to. You pull back, beautiful (e/c) orbs piercing his with fear.
"Alex left his tarantula in the bathroom!" You breathe and shudder. "Can you get rid of it Lucy?" You plead. Sabo felt as if his face would burst if any more blood came to it. He closes his eyes.
"S-Sure." He manages. You hug his neck, chilling his skin with the cool water that still covered your skin.
"Thanks roomie!" You chime, pulling away. Sabo avoids looking at you, going pass into the bathroom.
'Okay Sabo, focus,' He tells himself, looking around until the fuzzy, large spider catches his eye. 'Whoa, no wonder she screamed...' He muses, hesitantly offering his hand to the spider. The tarantula crawls onto his hand and he turns back around.
"Alright... I have it, I'm gonna put it out the window," He calls, steadily walking out of the bathroom, thank god you grabbed a towel to wrap up in. He shakes his head briskly, going to the window and opening it, putting the spider on the fire escape. He carefully shuts the window and turns to you. "See? All gone," He tells you. You relax and smile sheepishly.
"Heh, thanks Lucy, sorry about that..." You say before going into the bathroom again. Sabo brings a hand over his face once the door closes again.
"Why did you have to do this to me Iva-san!?" He hisses.

You shift glancing toward Lucy. "Is there something you want to say Lucy?" You ask, catching her gaze again. She shifts from her seat on the bed, looking down with a slight blush.
"Do you miss the Revolutionary Army?" She asks to your surprise.
"Every day," You admit, turning your gaze back to your journal.
"Then why not go back?" She asks. You stop writing again and lean back in your chair. You tap your quill on the desk.
"It..." You trail off, unable to think of what to say. "I just need some time to think..." You murmur looking down. You put up your quill and stand.
"I'm sorry, I... I didn't mean to pry," She tells you.
"It's fine I don't mind..." You assure, carefully closing your journal. You toss her a smile. "Are you tired?"
"Kinda, I've been looking for you for a while," She says sheepishly.
"Why me?" You ask. Lucy shifts, tilting her head slightly.
"Because you used to be one of the executives right?" She asks.
"Yeah, the combat executive," You murmur rolling onto the bed. "I suppose I get what you're thinking...." You yawn. "But are you sure you can trust what I have to say?" You inquire, closing your eyes.
"Of course, I can tell you're a good person... Anyone who doesn't trust your word is a damn idiot," She breathes. Your jaw locks and you feel a lump in your throat.
"And you barely know me," You murmur shakily. You sit up and turn away, putting a hand over your face.
"___?" Lucy whispers in alarm.
"Sorry... It just hurts..." You reply, calming yourself.
"What hurts?" She asks. You straighten up, shaking your head.
"Nevermind, it's getting better..." You mutter, about to sit up.
"Don't you trust me?" She inquires. You stop and look back at her, her blue orbs seemed saddened. You shift and turn to her, crossing your legs.
"Lucy... I have a great sense in people... I trust you... And oddly enough even though we just met, I know I can trust you with my life," You inform her with a smile. Lucy blinks in surprise at you. "I'm sorry if it looks like I don't... Its been a while since I've been open with someone..." You add, looking down.
"Why have you been withdrawn until now?" She asks. You meet her gaze briefly.
"No one to talk to really... I trusted everyone but the one I wanted to talk to.... Hated me...." You murmur. She frowns.
"Are you sure they hated you?" She points out.
"Why wouldn't he? He thought I turned against him..." You point out.
"You didnt?" She inquires. You shake your head.
"No, I could never turn against him... I just didn't want him to feel that way again. Though I could've done it differently... That's just how it turned out..." You muse. Her eyes widen in shock.
"You.... Were protecting him?" She breathes. You nod, smiling slightly. "He must have been blind not to realize..." She whispers. You shrug, rubbing your neck.
"Yeah, but he's happy so it's fine..." You murmur, smiling a bit. She starts to shake and you look at her, to see guilt and sadness on her face. "Lucy!? I.... I'm sorry! I didn't mean to upset you!" You gasp, pulling her into a hug.
"You idiot.... Why would you put yourself through all of this?" She whispers, hugging you tightly. Your eyes narrow, feeling tears come up.
"Because he's my light..." You tell her softly. She pauses and hides her face in your neck. You could feel tears on your neck and you swiftly try to think of a way to comfort her somehow. "Do you like cookies?" You ask.
"Yes," She breathes.
"I've been meaning to make some chocolate cookies... Will that cheer you up?" You ask, pulling back and tilting up her chin to give her a smile. Lucy blinks at you in amazement.
"You're so selfless..." She murmurs.
"You think so?... Anyway, I feel a lot better... Thinks for listening," You tell her with a smile before getting and going to the kitchen.