| Twelve |

You only need the light
When it's burning low,
You only miss the sun
When it starts to snow,
You only know you love her
When you let her go,
And you let her go

"Hey you okay?" William asked, holding his hand out.

I climbed out of the cupboard, watching Hunter's retreating back. "Yeah I'm fine" I lied.

William didn't look convinced. "Do you think you could drive me home?" I asked, looking up at him.

Surprise widened his eyes. "Did Hunter say something to you?" William asked, turning to look for Hunter.

"No, I'm just really tired and well Eleanor can't drive" I said brushing my hands off on my dress.

"Okay, I'll just go let her know" he said. 

He disappeared and I checked my purse. I wanted to make sure I had everything.

"You look kind of hot Jamie" a sleazy voice said from behind me.

I turned and looked up. Jacob was leaning against the wall. His eyes undressed me and I didn't like it at all. "My eyes are up here Jacob" I said.

His bloodshot eyes locked on mine. "Thank you, but I must take my leave" I said, zipping up my purse.

"Sure you want to leave, I could show you a few good things" he said, moving closer.

I backed up. "I'm good thanks" I said.

"Aww come on Jamie.. You can screw Hunter and William but not me?" He asked, his breath smelling strongly of alcohol.

"She said she didn't want to Jacob" A rough voice said.

Hunter moved up beside me, glaring at his friend. Jacob rolled his eyes. "Hunter you should learn to share" Jacob said snidely.

Hunter's jaw clenched and his hands curled into fists. "I've never slept with Jamie" he replied, coldly. 

But Jacob wasn't listening. He reached for my wrist and I yanked it away. Hunter's hand collided with Jacob's throat, pushing him back. "Don't ever touch her again" he growled. 

Jacob tried pushing him. "Chill man!" he exclaimed. 

I backed up again, just as William emerged from the crowd. "Whoa what's going on?" William asked, his eyes darting between Hunter and I. 

Jacob was still up against the wall. "Nothing Will" I replied. 

There was nothing but fury in Hunter's eyes, and for a second..I was afraid of him. Hunter had become someone completely different. The Hunter I knew wouldn't hurt a fly but here he was holding a drunk Jacob against the wall by his throat. "Hunter! He's drunk! let it go" I said, grabbing Hunter's arm and pulling back. 

"He intended to hurt you J" he said. 

William's eyes widened and looked at me. "I can handle myself" I snapped back. 

Hunter let go of Jacob and he fell to the ground. People had started to gather and they were whispering. He turned to face me, giving me a dark look. "He wanted to hurt you" he said, simply. 

"I can protect myself okay" I said, softer. 

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before opening his eyes and pushing between William and I. I turned to watch him leave yet again. "You're J?" William asked.