| Twenty- Eight |

Together with you is my new favourite place.

"I have a question" Hunter said as we laid next to each other.

Our parents were chatting below, drinking wine and playing board games. We had escaped to my room and laid next to each other.

"Yes?" I asked, staring at the ceiling.

"Why the hell haven't you thrown this out?" He asked, pulling a rock from my bedside table.

"Because it's my lucky rock" I said taking it from him as he held it up.

"You made that in like 5th grade" he said.

"So?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

He went silent before speaking again. "Are you still writing?" He asked, pointing to the certificate on my wall.

It was from year 9 when I won the talent show for a song I wrote. I laughed. "No" I snorted.

He turned his head to face me. "When did you get so beautiful?" He asked.

I blushed but played it off as a snigger. "Yeah totally beautiful" I replied.

He shushed me with a finger. "You are" he said, propping himself on his elbows.

A knock sounded at the door and I looked over. "Come in!" I said.

Mum walked in with Hunter's mum trailing behind her. "Hey, I know this is kinda weird but do you mind if us adults go drinking, we just want some fun" mum said, wrangling her hands.

Hunter raised an eyebrow. "You don't drink mum?" He asked confused.

"Yeah I know, but I really could do with a night out" his mum said.

Hunter's face softened. "Don't drink and drive" was all he said.

"We're getting an Uber" she said.

Mum glanced at me hopefully. The woman had just been through a divorce. She deserved a night out. "Okay" I said.

She beamed and slipped into the room. I sat up as she kissed me on the forehead. "Okay thank you darling!" She exclaimed.

Than she leant down to my ear. "Wear protection" she said.

I batted her away, blushing.

"Go away" I said lovingly.

She gave me a wink as she took her best friend's hand and dragged her away. She closed the door.

I sighed and flopped back into the bed. "We should go to that party Kyle's having" he said, resting on his elbows.

"Ugh no thanks, that last party was enough for me" I said.

He grinned. "Was it because you had to spend 7 minutes in heaven with me?" He asked.

"Yep" I said, popping the 'p'.

He whacked my arm and I laughed. He flopped back down next to me. "So what do you want to do?" He asked.

"We can watch movies, bake cookies, we have the whole house to ourselves" I said, immediately regretting it as soon as it came out of my mouth.

"The whole house to ourselves" he said, amused.

"No, absolutely not" I said, quickly.

He pouted. "You're no fun" he said, grinning.

"I'd rather not get pregnant, thank you very much" I said, sitting up.