| Seventeen |

He might smile but he's in pain.

^ Blessing your life with this gif of Hunter ^

"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?" I asked.

Eleanor sighed. "Sponge Bob square freaking pants" she replied.

She flopped into the seat next to my bed. "Is everything okay?" I asked as she buried her head in her hands.

"No, this bloody school and my bloody parents are getting on my last nerve" she said, sighing.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, sympathizing with her.

I knew exactly what she was feeling. "No, if I do, I feel as though I may punch a wall" she said running her forehead.

"Go right ahead, don't let me stop you" I said gesturing to the closest wall.

She smiled lightly at me and rubbed her eyes. "How are you feeling?" She asked, looking up at the heart monitor.

"I'm fine, I feel okay, the doc says tomorrow I can go home but I'll have to take it easy" I said, biting my nail.

"Stop that" she said batting my hand away from my mouth.

I sunk my head back into the pillows. "Oh we got our essay marks today" Eleanor said, straightening up.

I cocked my head up. "Please tell me Hunter and I got an A" I said, crossing my fingers.

"He was thoroughly impressed and intends to pair you up for the next assignment" she retorted.

"What?! No!" I exclaimed.

Eleanor frowned. "I thought you were getting along fine with Hunter?" She asked confused.

"A little too fine in my opinion" I replied.

Eleanor's eyes lit up. "Shut up! You kissed him!" She exclaimed.

"Urgh now I feel like a horrible person" I said pressing the palm of my hand to my forehead.

"Why? Because of William?" Eleanor said, her body shrinking back.

"How are you so calm about this? He's your brother" I said bewildered.

"Look I love Will, but whatever makes you happy" she shrugged.

A knock on the door sounded and it opened.

The devil himself walked in. "Hey, how are you feeling?" William asked, placing flowers on the bench.

I shot Eleanor a pleading look. "I'll leave you two alone" she said.

Bitch.

She got up and moved around the bed, she patted William's shoulder before closing the door.
"What was that all about?" Will asked, sitting down and moving closer to my bed.

"Eleanor being Eleanor, Will listen.." I started to say but he cut me off.

"I've been thinking, I really like you like a lot and I was wondering if you'd like to go to the end of school dance with me?" He asked, hope filling his eyes.

I deflated.
Oh fûck.

"Will-"

"You don't have to answer now, you can think about it" he said, reaching for my hand.

He stroked it and used his other hand to place a curl of red hair behind my ear. I shivered. "I really do like you Jamie Lance" he muttered.

How the hell was I supposed to say no?