| Fifteen |

Black
Nothing but silence and black

Neither of us could expect it.
Neither of us could have stopped it.

It happened in a split second. Because that's all life needs. A split second can change your life. And it could be for the worse or for the better.

That was completely up to the fates.

The car hit us passenger side on. My side. We weren't in the wrong. The other driver was. He had run a red light and didn't hit the brakes fast enough.

I saw the car before it crashed into us. I saw the headlights and the silver paint.
"William!" I yelled, turning quickly to face him.

I heard him yell and than the car hit.

My car rolled over and over, it seemed never ending.

Just like my bad luck. Our heads flung about, I felt searing pain in my leg and the left side of my body.

Glass shattered and rained on us. The screech of metal was enough to make you deaf.
By the time I could feel again, the car had stopped rolling. "Jamie!" William gasped out.

Blood seeped down his face. "William, are you okay?" I asked, keeping my voice clear of panic.

I didn't know why I was so calm.

But the truth was, I couldn't feel my legs or my left arm. William dropped to the roof of the car as he undid his seatbelt. "Jamie can you hear me?" He asked panicked.

He touched my neck, feeling for a pulse. The look on his face said it all. I was barely alive.

"Jamie, can you hear me?" He asked again.

I frowned. I was talking to him. "Jamie give me a sign" he gasped out, moving towards me.

I reached my hand out, yet it didn't move. He had cuts all over his face but his panicked eyes were on me as he tried to undo my seatbelt.

I could hear yelling and someone calling William's name. Eleanor.

She was right behind us. She would have seen everything. I turned my attention to William who was shaking. "Come on!" He yelled.

The seat belt clicked and I went crashing to the ground. I managed to moan in pain and William hooked his arms under mine and drag me towards him.

Glass dug into my leg as he dragged me, yet I couldn't feel any pain. It was like I was there, but not really.

Heat started to fill the car as William shoved his shoulder into the driver side door. It gave way and spun across the asphalt.

"William!" Someone yelled.

Will dragged me out into the cold air. "Someone call 911" I heard someone yell.

Flames licked the back of the car and I could finally look at the wreck that resembled my car. Every window was smashed in and the car was smashed in.

The car blew up and William shielded me from the blast. I heard him hiss.

This was it. Black ringed my vision. Hands reached me and pulled back my eyelids. "Can you hear me?" The voice asked.