| Thirty- Four |

Even on the darkest night,
You smile the brightest.

"Jamie! Get up!" A frantic voice said, pushing my body.

I groaned and shifted, pulling the blanket closer to my cold body. "Hunter's awake! Come on!" Eleanor's voice exclaimed.

And with that, my body woke up. "Why didn't you start with that" I replied, pushing back my blankets. Eleanor and William had made themselves at home on my floor.

I was over at my cupboard, grabbing clothes and making my way to my bathroom. I heard voices downstairs but I ignored them as I shut the bathroom door.

I looked extremely tired. Black circled my eyes and I turned away from my rugged appearance. I showered quickly, pulling on the black blouse and jeans. I slipped my feet in my ballet flats and glanced back in the mirror.

I tied my hair up before pulling it back down. I applied lip gloss before opening the bathroom door. I practically and impatiently bounced downstairs as my mother was washing the dishes.

William was drying and he turned his head to look at me as I walked in. "Morning Jamie" he said.

My mother turned her head. "Morning hun, want some breakfast?" She asked, moving towards the toaster.

"No I'm okay, any news on Hunter?" I asked.

"He's awake and he's talking slightly, we're going to see him soon" my mother replied.

But I wanted to see him now.

Mum knew the look on my face. "Hun, have something to eat and than we'll go, but we aren't going unless you do" she said pursing her lips.

I sighed inwardly.

I made myself some toast and forced myself not to scoff it down. I ate it as Eleanor joined us wearing a summer dress. I raised my eyebrows.

I placed my plate on the sink and waited for my mother to look up from her phone. Thankfully, it was William who said something.

"Done?" He asked.

I nodded. My mother looked up as stowed her phone away. "Okay come on" she said, grabbing her car keys.

My heart thumped both in nervousness and panic. I climbed into the car with William on my other side.

Eleanor climbed into the passenger seat as mum started the car. I stared out the window as she drove us go the hospital.

I felt something in my stomach. I had dreamed all night about different scenarios. Mostly centering around the fact he may have memory loss.

My biggest fear was walking into his room and he wouldn't know who I am. That he would have forgotten everything we've been through.

I chased that thought away. Now wasn't the time for such thoughts. If he didn't remember me, I'll deal with it as it comes along.
I felt the car slow down and pull to a stop, we were at a florist. "I figured we should get him some flowers" mum said, climbing out.

I did too. Maybe he would find the irony in flowers.
My eyes searched the thousands of flowers before picking out the daisies.