| Thirty |

Dance with me

Dance with me

"Oh my god" my mother gasped.

I turned around and she pressed a hand to her mouth. "I'm going to cry" she rasped out.

"Please don't" I said, suddenly uncomfortable.

"You look so beautiful, obviously not as beautiful as me but you're getting there" she said, fixing my shoulder.

"Are you sure I can wear this dress mum?" I asked.

She nodded. "Oh god yes, I don't have the figure to fit into it anymore but you do and it suits you beautifully" she said tearing up.

"Mum its just a school dance, I'm not getting married" I said.

"Oh shut up, let me cry" she said.

She reached over and fixed a curl. "Stop fidgeting, you're making me nervous" I said, wringing my hands together.

"Sorry sorry!" She exclaimed.

"We're here!" I heard a yell.

Butterflies erupted in my stomach. It's not like I hadn't been with Hunter a thousand times but he had never seen me this dressed up. "You look beautiful, he will probably cry" my mother said.

I shot her a look before walking out of my room. I hesitated at the top of the stairs before descending them slowly.

Hunter came into view and he was looking at his mother. His mum gasped and Hunter turned to look at me. His eyes went wide and I stopped on the last stair.

He opened his mouth but nothing came out.
He wore a red dress shirt with a black waistcoat. Black dress pants and shiny leather shoes. His blonde hair was slicked back but a piece had fallen in his face.

Sorta like the famous superman curl.

He took slow steps towards me and held out his hand. I took it and I stepped off the last step. I turned my head to look at my mother who had followed me down and she was pressing tissues to her eyes.

"Wait!" She suddenly exclaimed.

She walked over to the box on the couch and took out the corsage my father gave to me. She handed it to Hunter who in turn, tied it to my wrist.

When our parents turned away, he pressed a kiss to my cheek. "You look captivating" he whispered.

I blushed.

A light went off and I blinked, realizing my mother had taken a photo. "That shit is going on Instagram #whatwashewhispering?" She said.

I rolled my eyes. "We should be going" Hunter said.