Chapter 41

Please bare with me! Again I need to stop with being so inactive. We reached 56k views! Tysm! And happy very vv late forth of July 💙❤️

•••

As you skipped across the wide meadow, significant memories of you and Meliodas' first encounter flashed through your mind. The way he barged into your home and fought with Howzer and Gilthunder that day, and how he made the whole village panic with the tremendous destruction they created.

"Ne, (Y/N), we met here," Hawk pointed out as he trotted by your side.

You sighed. "Yes we did, and that's where the whole journey started."

"(Y/N)...you love us right?" Hawk asked hesitantly.

You craned your head downward and peered at the beady-eyed pig. You were shocked at his sudden change of mood and concerned question.

You placed a hand on your chest. "Hawk, of course I do. The love I have for all of you is unbelievable," you replied warmly with a reassuring smile.

Hawk smirked. "Mainly for Meliodas."

Your smile dropped to a frown and your calm eyes proceeded to a glare.

"Why you.."

The glossy pig snorted in laughter and ran out of your way towards Ban. You crossed your arms and brushed his statement aside.

Suddenly, you felt someone pick you up by your legs and lift you up into a bridal style. You yelped and quickly wrapped your arms around the person's neck.

"Gee (Y/N), you do get nervous a lot," Meliodas joked, his grin making you blush.

"Well that was unexpected!" you complained, feeling flustered.

Meliodas sighed and took a moment, scrutinizing your features with his tender, emerald pupils, tracing every contribution that your visage offered.

"God, you are beautiful," he whispered in your ear.

His words immediately made you burn in scarlet. You weren't able to reply, for he left you completely speechless. You could feel your heart skipping so many beats you thought you would die right at the spot.

He called you beautiful omgomgomg (Y/N) don't be an idiot don't be an idiot

"Especially here," Meliodas smirked and groped your breasts with surprise, squeezing them softly.

"AHHHH DONT TOUCH ME THERE!" you yelled, expressing so much embarrassment. You flailed your arms around in hopes of escaping his strong arms, but it was no use. He just laughed at your childish reaction.

After trying as hard as you could wiggling around, it was no use. You pouted and gave up. He had you stuck in bridal style.

"Cheer up, you wouldn't wanna walk through the forest right?" he said.

You looked forward to see what he meant and realized that everyone was walking in the forest now. You were so distracted that you didn't manage the speed of time.

"This reminds me of the time when I fell asleep like this.." you said, "and you brought me to the Boar Hat."

Meliodas nodded. "It was a day I don't regret."

You smiled. "You remembered.."

"Of course I did," He brought you closer to his chest, his warmth soothing your body and radiating such a protective vibe.

•••

"Love birds, we're entering the village now," Merlin called out. She chuckled a bit at her own announcement.

Meliodas gently let you down as your petite feet hit the ground again. As his arms released his grasp on you, you felt his hands slightly brush against your bottom.

Your eyes widened and you immediately gave Meliodas a death glare. A sweat dropped occurred on his forehead, and with caution his rubbed his neck and stepped back.

"Are you excited (Y/N)?" Elizabeth walked up to your side and gave her sincere smile.

You nodded. With no further hesitation, you stepped foot into your town.

 With no further hesitation, you stepped foot into your town

"Oh my!" you gasped. Everything seemed a little more disparate, every memory you had of the town went through a various process of scenery change or advancement.

Has your absence from the village really been that long?

You watched as many busy merchants carried along carts filled with stacks of goodies. Their loud voices echoed in the air as they shouted the prices and values. You spied the multiple booths that were found in almost every block, old and young selling their available items and many children scurrying between the spaces of the road.

On the lake, you noticed how much cleaner and wider it was. It was so much busier too. Men were on structured boats fishing for seafood, and some gardeners tended to their farm alongside of the water bed.

The buildings were colorful and bright, though some seemed to appear more dull than others. There were still the mountains and vibrant green environment. Hills and flowers acted as a breathless background.

"Cain Town really stepped up their game," Hawk commented, his small black pupils eying every worker in display.

Your grin only got wider and wider. You began walking into the bustle, the sins following right behind you and even stopping for a little to check on the booths.

You giggled at the children playing so carelessly on the road, some you didn't seem to recognize.

You stopped at a food cart and thought of Ban's skills and joy of cooking. Maybe if you returned to your cottage, he'll make everyone an unforgettable meal.

Handing the old lady some coins for a few vegetables and ingredients, you were confused as to why she didn't accept it. It was the right amount and money.

"(Y/N)?! is that you?"

Though her voice was raspy and quieter than normal, you knew it was all too familiar. You looked up in surprise.

•••

(*EDITED!* This chapter was edited quite a lot from its original script to improve any errors. Apologies for the inconvenience.)