Chapter 10

Your POV

History was almost done and i can't believe Kylie and i got really close in one period! She's really cool and soooo nice. I can't believe we actually became friends. I'm now on my way to Math and when i got to the classroom i sat down at my normal spot and then i placed my book out and started reading while i wait for the other students to come. I started to play with the pages as i read and suddenly i see someone getting the book from me, i looked up and rolled my eyes "Give me my book back Lauren." she giggled and sat next to me. "No, you will socialize with me." i chuckle "Fine, but i just want to put my book in my bag." she squinted her eyes at me and i pouted. She looked down at my lips and smiled "Ugh fine." she then gave me my book back, i then placed my book back inside my bag. "So how was history with Kylie?" she asked as she placed her books on her table, "We actually became fast friends. She's really cool and friendly, you'll love her Lauren i know that for sure." i said smiling she nodded "Let's just hope she's not stealing you away from me." she mumbled, i furrowed my eyebrows and chuckled.

"Steal me away?" i asked her she sighed "I mean, like you're now like my best friend so i don't want her to steal you away from me. Maybe the next time i see you two you're her best friend now." she said crossing her arms. I laughed and shook my head "Lolo? Are you jealous?" i teased "Pshh no. She can be friends with you." she said looking away from me i giggle and wrap my arms around Lauren's neck hugging her, "Don't worry she won't steal me away from you. Also who said we're best friends." i joked and then let go of her. But then she got my hand and held it "Me, i said that we're besties!" i laughed "The head cheerleader wants to be best friends with the person who was invisible? Huh, that's so weird." she sighed and placed an arm around my shoulders. "Do not say you are invisible okay? And what's wrong with being besties with me? I'm cool and funny." she said smiling i laughed "And cheeky." she laughed and rolled her eyes.

As we start the class i could see Lauren looking bored but i wasn't i was actually taking notes "I'm so fucking bored." Lauren whispered "Class started 10 minutes ago Lauren, that's not long." i whispered back, she sighed "It feels like 10 years." she mumbled. I continue to write notes and i could feel Lauren getting my arm, i looked down at my arm and saw her drawing something. I shrugged and then just continue to do what i was doing, when she let go of my hand i thought she was done so i was about to pull my arm back but then i felt her fingers slip between mine making me look at our hands. She intertwined our fingers as she finished drawing on my arm, i looked at her and she was busy taking notes, i started to blush and squeezed her hand a bit making her stop writing and look at me. We smiled at each other for a minute before both looking away and went back to what we're doing, "Alright now pick a partner and answer these questions." the teacher said and then put up questions on the board.

"Yo Lauren!" i heard someone called Lauren's name "Yeah?" Lauren asked "Can we be partners?" i heard the person say, i slip my hand out from Lauren's cause she's leaving and i don't want to keep holding her hand even though i wanted to. "I already have one!" Lauren said i looked at her and saw her pointing to me "Oh no, you can go ahead. I pretty much know this so i'll be fine." i told Lauren she rolled her eyes "Just go with it, i don't want to be partners with her." she whispered in my ear. "She's my partner sorry Jess!" Lauren said before turning back to me "Seriously Laur, you can go." i said she sighed and grabbed my hand pulling me closer to her, so i had to move my chair to sit closer to her. She lean towards me and then whispered something in my ear "I don't like her Y/N. Besides, i want you to be my partner." i looked at her and stared into her beautiful green eyes. Our faces was so close to each other and i can't help but blush and shyly look down.

"Jauregui? You gay dude?" we heard somebody say causing Lauren to move away from me "No! I was just whispering something to her." Lauren quickly said "You sure?" Lauren nodded "Yeah, i'm not bisexual or gay. In other words, i'm straight." she said i looked away and just started answering the questions. So she is straight. Fuuuuuuck!! My hopes on being with her is like on top, now it crashes down, when Lauren turned to me i didn't bother to look up i was just answering the Math questions. "So you're straight huh?" i said as i write the answers "Yeah." she said i nodded "Cool." i then just put my earphones on and played my music loudly, minutes later i saw people fixing their things so i took out my earphones and started to fix my own stuff. "Hey, you okay?" i heard Lauren ask "Yeah i'm fine. I just need to go to the bathroom." i said and then ran out of the classroom, i quickly went to the back of the school and then hid myself from the others. I sighed and sat down under a tree and took out my book, i don't know why Lauren is acting like she likes me. This is all to confusing.

Wait, why will she like me anyway? There are other girls here that are better than me, she just sees me as her friend, just a friend. Why am i thinking that she likes me anyway? Like am i losing my mind? Is it like i'm having a fantasy of her liking me back because the way she acts around me? I sighed and then just turned the pages on my book. When will i have a relationship? I'm like 17 now and i'm still single. Most girls in my year have boyfriends, heck even my best friend has a girlfriend and here i am the only one without a relationship. I mean Lauren doesn't have one but probably she likes someone and haven't told him yet but when that happens i'll know they'll be together and i'll the only one being single.

Lauren's POV

When i saw Camila and Dinah talking in the hallway, i walked to them and they looked at me "Hey" i nodded "Hi, um have you guys seen Y/N?" i asked them they looked at me confused and shook their heads. "No why?" i sighed "She said she'll go to the bathroom but i went there and she wasn't in there. I checked the other bathrooms but it was all empty. I was just wondering if you saw her maybe walk past here?" they shook their heads. "You were with her before this?" Camila asked i nodded "Yeah, we had Math together and then she left early." i said while looking around. "Maybe she's in the library again?" i shook my head "I've been there and she wasn't there." i said sighing "Try calling her then." Dinah said i nodded and then started to call Y/N. "She's not picking up." i then thought about something. "Um Camz? Can i talk to you about something real quick?" Camila looked at me weirdly but then nodded, we went to the nearest classroom and closed the door.

"What's up Jauregui?" i sighed "So in Math today, Jake asked me if i was gay cause Y/N and i were pretty close at that moment so i said no and i said i was straight. And then Y/N asked me if i am actually straight and i said yes and then she just said cool and ignored me." i said she squinted her eyes at me and sighed. "Dude, what if she likes you and you just literally told her your straight when you actually have a crush on her? It's like you're saying she doesn't have a chance with you?" Camila said raising her eyebrows i then thought about it. That's possible. "But wait, i don't know if she likes me how am i suppose to like tell her i like her?" i said Camila sighed "Well make the first move Lauren. You're Lauren Jauregui, the head cheerleader. Remember, you are fearless and always do the right thing." Camila said smiling. "What if she rejects me?" i asked Camila and then i felt scared inside, she shook her head "We won't know Lauren until you actually do it." i nodded and then looked at my phone to see a text from Y/N.

"Just tell her how you feel Lauren, i mean it. If she happens to like you back then i promise you all of it will be great. The time i told Dinah i had a crush on her she told me she likes me back and then we just got even closer until i could no longer wait for her to be mine." she said smiling "I'll try, cause i don't want my parents to know this cause i know they'll kick me out of the house and i'm not ready for that." i said she nodded "Then keep it as a secret until the time has come." i nodded "Okay thanks Camz." i then hugged my best friend. We exited the room and then i looked at Y/N's text again.

Nugget💋: I'm at the back of the school. I just needed some quiet time before going back to class. I'm sorry for not answering, i was too caught up with my book. You know how i am with my books right? 😊

I smiled and then went to the back of the school, when i turned right i saw her sitting under a tree with her book in her lap. She's such a nerd! A cute one though. "Hey." she jumped and then looked up "Oh hi." i smiled and sat next to her "So why'd you leave early?" i asked her she sighed "Well, i just wanted to read my book in peace." i squinted my eyes at her and she smiled and shrugged she then went back to reading. Okay, i want to tell her that i like her but no words are coming out of my mouth, it's like stuck in my throat. Instead of saying i like her other words came out "Do you like anybody?" i looked at her and she puts her book down and sigh "I used to... but i started to think that i don't really have a chance with that person so i feel like i just have to let it go." she said looking ahead, what if it was me? Well i basically told her i'm straight before.