Chapter 42

- Months Later -

I walked home exhausted from all the interviews and meetings today. But a smile formed in my lips when i saw the little muffin running to me "Y/N!!" i bent down and opened my arms for the little one. She hugged me tight and i giggle "Hey Lexa, how are you today?" i asked lifting her up and then took my shoes off with one hand, "Y/N i'm hungry" Lexa said sadly i looked over to and she was pouting. "Is no one with you here?" i asked worriedly she sniffled "Mommy is busy... i told her i was hungry but she just said she was busy." she said pointing to Lauren and i's room. Suddenly i felt annoyed "When was the last time you ate baby?" i asked and we both heard her stomach grumble making her frown "12 pm" she said and my eyes widened noticing the time which was now 9pm. Shit! Lauren didn't bother to feed her? I immediately sat Lexa on the counter and started making her three Nutella sandwiches. She smiled widely as she saw the sandwiches, i brought her to the living room and opened cartoons for her, i gave her the food and she happily munched on it. I marched to our room and opened the door seeing Lauren typing away. "Lauren Jauregui, we need to talk." i said seriously but she didn't seem to acknowledge me.

I slammed her laptop screen down making her jump and groan "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" i glared at her and raised an eyebrow, "Why didn't you feed Lexa." i said annoyed she just looked at me frustratedly. "Y/N, i have no time for this. This paper needs to be done by tomorrow morning at 5 am so please leave me alone." she said trying to push me but i held my ground. "No Lauren! We need to talk!" i said she became angrier and glare back at me "Honestly Y/N, i don't have time for you right now! I don't even know why you're worrying about Lexa, she's not even your child! She's mine-" "THEN ACT LIKE A MOTHER LAUREN!" i shout "I AM WORKING MY ASS OFF EVERYDAY Y/N! I DON'T HAVE TIME TO ARGUE RIGHT NOW OKAY?!" she shout back. We were both getting heated and if our glares were lasers we are both dead, "Mommy? Y/N?" we heard, i looked at Lexa worriedly as she came in the room. Fuck she heard us! Ugh damn it. "Lexa not now." Lauren said glaring at her daughter but Lexa just stayed and gave us puppy eyes "But-" "GO OUT LEXA!" Lauren shout and immediately slapped Lauren's arm "LAUREN!" suddenly i saw tears forming in Lexa's eyes.

"Lexa..." i called but she started crying and ran out of the room, at this moment i am furious. "Y/N-" "Shut up." i cut Lauren off, "Please-" "I said shut up Lauren! Go back to your stupid laptop and ignore us okay?" i snapped and walked out of the room. I followed Lexa's cries and when i finally found her she ran to me and i lifted her up, she started sobbing in my shoulder and i sighed and rubbed her back. "Shhh... it's okay Lexa." i comforted her, i went to her room and sat on her bed with her on my lap, a figure was against Lexa's doorframe and i glared at Lauren who looked guilty. "Lexa" she called but Lexa only sobbed louder and tried getting away from her by moving away from the door, i saw Lauren frown and i just sighed i walked up to the door and was about to close it but Lauren stopped it. "I need to talk to her." she said i shook my head "Your papers are due tomorrow morning right? And that is more important than feeding your own daughter." i said bitterly she sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. "I'm sorry!" she said but i just shook my head "I'll handle Lexa, go back to your work." i said closing the door and locking it. 

Lauren's POV

I stared at the door sadly and sighed, i fucked up once again! I walked back to Y/N and i's room and sat on the chair. I placed my hands on my head and groan, "i hate myself.... i hate my fucking self." i mumbled to myself. I fucking forgot to feed Lexa, and i just hurt two people that i love what am i fucking doing? I groaned as guilt is spreading inside me, i should really make time for them. I sighed and just quickly finished these fucking papers, after hours later i finally finished i then saw it was 12:30 am. I shut my laptop off and noticed Y/N is still inside Lexa's room, i feel like shit to be honest i really have to make it up to them now. I took a shower and changed into my sleeping clothes, when i got back to the room i saw Y/N already in her sleeping clothes but she was collecting her pillows. I looked at her confused "Where are you going?" i asked quietly she turned to me but then looked away "I'm definitely not sleeping here with you, after what you did today i think you deserve to sleep alone tonight." she said giving me a cold glare. I frown and felt hurt "Babe... i'm sorry." i said truthfully but she just walked to the door, i grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. "Please stay here tonight." i begged she let out a huge sigh and look at me, but this time she looked disappointed.

"You forgot to feed Lexa, Lauren. What the hell?" she said looking at me like i'm crazy, "I know. I must have been carried away with work. I'm really sorry please." i continued to beg. "I'm really disappointed in you Lauren, i understand you're busy with work but make time for your daughter. She's three Lauren, three. She can't cook yet, she's too short to get biscuits from counters, she might even hurt herself for trying and you won't be there to help her when she hurt herself." i nodded and tears forming in my eyes. "I k-know..." i said weakly "The way you shout at her a while ago... Lauren you scared her. And you saw the way she moved away from you when you were in her room. You scared her." she said shaking her head "I'll f-fix it with her." i said nodding "And you barely even talk to me these past few days. i just kept telling myself that your job is intense and so busy and i always have hope that you will come back to us. But today... it kinda just... " she stopped and shook her head. "I care about Lexa, okay Lauren?" she said i nodded "Yes i know that." i said she shook her head, "You asked me why i worry about her. It's because i love Lexa, she's basically like my child Lauren. I love her that much, and i worry if she don't eat." Y/N said wiping the tear that escaped her eye.

"I treat her like my daughter now. I know i'm not her mother but i have a connection with your daughter Lauren, she loves me and i love her. So i'm sorry if i worry and care about her okay?" she said and tears just spilled from her eyes. I tried holding her hand but she just pulled away "N-No... i'm sorry but i'm sleeping with Lexa tonight." she said sniffling, she walked out and went to Lexa's room. I wiped my new tears and just closed the door, i laid down on the huge bed alone and i just hugged my pillow quietly crying. Why am i such a fuck up?