Chapter 1 (Prolouge)

The streets were empty and slightly chill from the early spring day.
Minhyuk and his bestfriend Kihyun just made their usual journey to school.

None of them talked a lot, both of them being tired from staying up too late. The silence was overwhelming when Minhyuk's face suddenly brightened as if he had remembered something.

The blonde boy reached for his blue backpack and fished up what looked like a camera.

"I bought this for you, Kihyun!!" The teenage boy rejoiced as he handed over a black, digital camera to the red haired boy in front of him.

Kihyun hesitated before accepting the gift with his small hands.
"But Minhyuk...This is so expensive! You really didn't have to." He sighed.

Minhyuk smiled. "It's okay, I wanted you to get some real equipment! I took a lot of summer jobs last year to buy you this camera. Since I'm already 15, they had no problems with giving me the job. " He cheerfully said.
"We can use it together!"

Kihyun nodded as he studied the fancy camera with glittering eyes.
"Thank you...So much...I love it."

"You're welcome, this is what bros do, right? I've got your back, buddy!" Minhyuk answered, flashing his bright smile.

He didn't manage to say anything more before he was stuck in Kihyun's tight embrace.

"I love you, bro."

-

Kihyun gave Minhyuk a sharp glare as he poked his arm. Minhyuk rested his head on the messy school bench next to him with his blonde hair shining in the morning's sunlight.
"Wake up, dummy!"

Minhyuk groaned, half-asleep. "Just 5 more minutes..."

"There's no 5 more minutes, get your lazy ass up!" Kihyun hissed with a meaning look.

Minhyuk bursted out laughing, straightening his position. "Who are you? My mom?"

None of them noticed how the teacher approached them with sprinting steps as her black heels made a click-clacking sound for every step that she took.
It didn't take many seconds before she stood between Kihyun and Minhyuk's benches with her arms crossed over her chest.

"What's so funny here? I think we'd all enjoy hearing about it." She sarcastically said, making a few other students giggle from across the room.

"Nothing m'am. Nothing at all. I was just helping Minhyuk with a specific question." Kihyun immediately answered without stuttering even a bit.

The teacher glared at the two boys who looked almost a bit scared with a suspicious glance and nodded slowly before returning back to her head desk.

Minhyuk sighed in relief. "Thanks, you saved my ass, bro." He whispered and smiled widely.

"You're welcome..." Kihyun replied, rolling his eyes. He glanced at the clock that hang on the wall right in front of him. 9:10 AM.

"Class is over in a few." He casually informed Minhyuk who was busy wasting his time on his cellphone.

"Great." Minhyuk mumbled back. "Let's go to the footballs field on the break, right?"

"What kind of question is that?" Kihyun asked with a dumbfounded expression. "Of course."