Chapter 24

The air was warm, almost hot when Minhyuk came out from the car to be met by the endless beach. After him followed the youngest, Changkyun and the eldest, Shownu.
Hyungwon had suggested a trip to the beach for once as the seven of them hadn't done anything together even once during the long summer vacation. Minhyuk had found it quite awkward ever since the past days events but didn't decline the invitation from his friends. They'd have to all make up one day anyway.

As everyone had gotten out of the car, Shownu started to ask around if any of them had forgotten anything at home. All of them shook their head in silence.

"Whoms is this?" Hyungwon asked, carrying out a huge bathring in bright pink from the backseat.

"Oh! Mine!" Jooheon shouted excitedly as he catched the ring in the air with a bright smile.

"And this?" Hyungwon sighed, holding up a bag full of sun creme, neatly folded towels and god knows what.

"Here." Kihyun answered, walking up to Hyungwon to take care of his highly valued "equipment".

Before the next item was picked up, a high pitched screech could be heard in the distance. Changkyun.

"Oh no..." Shownu who had been quiet all along mumbled as he started rushing against the water where he spotted the fragile boy named Changkyun shaking from the cold water with it reaching up above his waist. "HELP ME, SHOWNU!" He yelled in a voice that could've belonged to a 5 years old.

Minhyuk coughed as he as well as the others were now standing beside Shownu. "He can literally walk to the shore, don't help him." He spitted and rolled his eyes behind the red shades of his, arms crossed over the chest.

"Too late." Wonho laughed who was joyfully watching the eldest jump into the water to "rescue" his helpless friend. "Daddy is coming!" Shownu shouted as he started swimming in Changkyun's direction. He lifted up him with ease, light as he was and carried him in a bridal style until they both were up at the beach again.

"Thanks dad!" Changkyun rejoiced as he gave Shownu's arm a friendly slap. The other boys watched the whole happening with embarrassment, scared that someone near them would see them.

"Please don't do that in front of our salad again." Kihyun begged, nodding at Shownu who started laughing.

"Be careful or else I'll carry you like that around the beach too, Kihyun." He threatened, pointing at the smaller one who looked terrified, making the others laugh.

"On another note, I suggest we all change to swimming shorts so that we don't end up like Shownu's wet shirt." Hyungwon interrupted.

"Whoever has speedos has to buy ice cream!" Jooheon shouted, taking off his pants to reveal his casual swim shorts in red, making everyone else do the same.

No one wore speedos but Wonho who slapped his firm butt lightly with a proud grin. "I can pay for any ice cream as long as I look great." He said which made everyone crack up a little.

"I want vanilla flavour." Changkyun nodded by the time they stood outside of the ice cream van.
"Me too." Hyungwon agreed. Wonho started memorising the requests one after one until only his, Kihyun's and Minhyuk's remained. "And you two?" He asked.

"Strawberry, of course!" Both of them answered in sync which made them flinch and look away in embarrassment.

"Okay, I'll take that too then." Wonho stated to himself who didn't pay attention to his boyfriend and friend's awkward behaviour lately. With the others waiting in the back, the burdened customer knocked on the glass of the van to order for them all.

"It's really hot today. Ice cream will be nice." Shownu simply commented out of nothing in an attempt of trying to lighten the awkward atmosphere.

"Yes. I bet I will get mine first!" Jooheon nodded with a satisfied face, sure of his thing.

"If it doesn't, do I get your ice cream?" Changkyun asked, pretending to stroke his nonexistent beard like he did when acting mischievously.

"Let's not go that far." Hyungwon interrupted once again as he saw how Wonho turned around with two ice cream cones in his pale hands. "Changkyun and Hyungwon's!" He said, giving both to Hyungwon who further passed one to Changkyun.
"Shownu..." Wonho then said, trying to stretch his arm holding a chocolate flavoured cone far enough for Shownu to reach.

When all ice creams were given to the rightful owners, the group found a place in the middle of the beach where they started to put all their stuff in place. Kihyun stretched out the huge towels on the sand that he had brought. One for each one of them as big as his bag was.

There they sat down, Jooheon with his pink bathring around his waist, Shownu with his strawhat, Changkyun with his gummy ducks, Hyungwon with his books, Minhyuk with his sunscreen and Wonho whoms back was currently being covered with sun creme with the help of Kihyun's right hand who held his ice cream with the other hand.

Just as everything seemed peaceful, Hyungwon pushed Kihyun lightly to the side, making him drop his ice cream on Wonho who sat with his back against him. The freezing feeling of an ice cream hitting the back made him flinch and turn around to find whoever was the cause. "Who put their ice cream on my back?!" Wonho yelled, known for getting angry easily.

"I'm s- I'm sorry!" Kihyun stuttered without mentioning it was in fact not his fault. He quickly stretched for his own towel and started drying off his frustrated boyfriend's back in devestation.

"It's fine, everyone makes mistakes." Wonho muttered under his breath. "Regardless, I'll go order a drink. Does anyone else want one?" He asked, switching to a standing position.

"Me!" Changkyun answered with excitement and jumped up from his towel, locking arms with the other.

"While you do that, I'm going to bath!" Jooheon declared out of nothing. He walked over to Shownu with his bathring in a steady grip. "Do you wanna go swimming too?"
All he got as an answer was a nod.

"Okay, let's go then."

As the four boys started to disappear in the distance, the only ones left were Minhyuk, Kihyun and Hyungwon which made the situation quite stiff. They were all masters of seeing through each other.

Minhyuk lifted up his red shades to look at Kihyun. "I saw. Don't worry." He whispered, giving Hyungwon a deadly glare but he was busy burying his face in his book.

"Thank you." Kihyun whispered back, grabbing Minhyuk's hand very quickly. None of them mentioned what had happened the other day which made everything even more stiff.

Without them noticing, Hyungwon gracefully flicked Wonho's bottle filled with lemonade to the side from behind as he saw Wonho and Changkyun approaching them. The bottle fell, making it pour out the sticky liquid all over the older's bag.

"Oh my god, Kihyun! Why are so clumsy?" Hyungwon asked with an obviously faked voice as loudly as possible. He stared first at Kihyun who was confused by it all and then at Wonho who now stood behind them. "Look what he did!" He shouted, pointing at Kihyun.

Wonho facepalmed himself. "Kihyun, you know that's my favourite bag!! I will never get it clean." He groaned as he picked up the sport trunk to inspect how bad it was. "What's wrong with you today?"

Kihyun shook his head. "It wasn't- I mean I'm sorry." He apologized, aware of that he hadn't done any of the things he was accused for.
The sight made Minhyuk want to throw up as the observer. He didn't want to believe Hyungwon had done what he did on purpose but as he quickly met Hyungwon's glance, there was no doubt.

Hyungwon sighed. "Aw, buddy. I will buy a new bag for you." He told Wonho with an unecessarily pitying expression. "I am so sorry this had to happen."

The sweet tone of his made both Minhyuk and Kihyun's head boil of rage. "At least someone is kind to me here..." Wonho muttered.

The comment had made Minhyuk even more angry as if his temper wasn't bad enough already. He couldn't let Hyungwon mess with Kihyun like this just to satisfy his jealousy but now was not the time to call anyone out. Instead the frustrated Minhyuk simply put his shades back in place, covering his eyes.
This meant war in one way or another.