Chapter 19

Hyungwon sipped from the pink juicebox with his plump lips wrapped around the straw as he was often seen doing. Those juiceboxes were like an addiction to him and he eventually had become known as "The Juicebox Sipping Guy" at school.

The whole room where only Hyungwon and Changkyun sat was dark, or basement which it truthfully was with only the dim, blue light of two phones being the source of light. One belonging to Changkyun and the other to Hyungwon. Changkyun played a useless but addicting game on his phone as easily entertained as he was but Hyungwon didn't even look at his. It just laid loosely in his slender hand with the display unlocked.

Changkyun stayed unbothered, focusing on his game and didn't notice his close friend's glassy gaze that had been staring into the wall for minutes now. No one could've guessed from the dark, not unveiling anything but the bright displays.

Changkyun prefered the lights off in his tiny basement for some reason. He claimed it was because it was tiring for the brain to have to process impressions all the time. It was hard for others to understand what he meant sometimes and he was often considered weird. Hyungwon accepted these questionable things about him though. He was definietly Changkyun's best friend together with Jooheon. They were all the younger ones in their group of friends so that made them closer as well.

Out of nothing, Hyungwon suddenly opened his mouth to say something. "Do you think Wonho and Kihyun make a good couple?"
His monotone tone scared Changkyun a bit but he decided to not comment on that. Instead the younger boy bit his lip as he thought about what to answer. "How come?" He carefully asked, scared of saying anything that would pull any of Hyungwon's mood strings.

Hyungwon sighed, glancing at his phone. "Don't reverse the question and answer it."

Changkyun twitched his eyes in fear. Hyungwon was really scary when serious in his opinion as he was always talkactive, full of clever advices and somewhat savage jokes.

The others had only seen Hyungwon actually angry once and it was when a bully would walk up to Wonho and call him a manwhore because of the way he dressed but also how he'd come out as homosexual last year. Changkyun would never forget how the pupils of Hyungwon's big eyes had become almost nonexistent, the red colour of his ears and how his low voice had dropped two octaves in fury. That was nothing any of them wanted to ever see again so especially Changkyun chose his words wisely whenever Hyungwon seemed serious.

"I...guess? I don't really-" He carefully started but got interrupted immediately.

"What do you mean 'I guess'?" Hyungwon asked, irritated.

"Then what do you think?"

"Bullshit, that's what I think." The older one snorted, dropping the now empty juicebox onto the floor on purpose. "They're splitting us as a team. I mean all seven of us."

Changkyun made a confused face, trying to figure out what his friend meant. "What? How?"

Hyungwon took a deep breath. "Kihyun is ignoring Minhyuk most of the time, Wonho tries to ruin their friendship, he's cutting ties from me and it's just a mess. Like a game rather than actual love between two individuals. Do you get what I'm saying?" He asked with a tone telling he was quite annoyed.

Changkyun nodded slowly, agreeing with the argument. "You have a point. Everything is indeed quite stiff between us all lately."

"I'll make sure it won't be."

-

"Sunday, 8th June. Hmm...I went with Jooheon to buy an ice cream yesterday nearby. It was tasty as always of course but we spotted Wonho and Kihyun there too. Nothing happened or so but I guess I felt slightly betrayed? That I wasn't invited to join them. I guess it doesn't matter though. The bubble will burst one day after all...I know it's bad to bottle up feelings.
-Minhyuk ❀❀ "

Minhyuk lowered his pencil with a sigh. Resting his hurting head on the pillow placed before him, he closed his eyes to rest for a bit. He felt more tired than usual lately but didn't know why. A lot of time wasn't given to philosophy about that as the sound of a key unlocking the entry door could be heard followed by a "bam", telling the person entering had closef the door behind them.

Quick steps made by high heels became louder from the hallway until they reached the livingroom where Minhyuk laid on the grey couch like a dying worm.

"Hey! Wake up!" A nasal voice yelled. It was Bora.

Minhyuk yawned and changed position in the comfortable couch. "Why...? I never slept in the first place." He mumbled, not even looking at his older sister.

"Ah, sorry. I thought you had tipped off so I was worried you wouldn't be able to sleep tonight." Bora pouted, walking to the front side of the couch and shoved Minhyuk's legs off it to make place for herself. "Oh! Do you write diary?" She asked in her annoyingly high voice without waiting for an answer, spotting the notebook with black and white stripes on it where it lied on the low table.

"Yeah. So?" The younger brother rolled his eyes. He just wanted his sister to leave him alone. But she wouldn't. Instead she reached for the book as her bursting curiousity couldn't be helped anymore, impatient as she was.

"Tuesday 3rd June. Today was-" She started reading out loud.

"BORA, STOP! IT'S NOT FUNNY!" Minhyuk shrieked, snatching the book out of his sister's grip with a flustered expression as he pressed it against his chest.

The pre-adult teenage girl covered her mouth as she bursted out laughing, revealing all her white teeth. "What?! Is your life that intresting??" She giggled.

Minhyuk snorted. "No, I just...I would appreciate you respecting my private life." He answered, tightening his grip around the so called diary in his arms.

"Sorry but what private life?" Bora asked, still laughing so hard that her black hair was now messy from being pulled back to many times in order to not get any in her mouth. "What girlfriend don't I know about?" She further asked.

"It's not a girl!" Minhyuk swallowed, feeling his cheeks heat up. "It's...Really confusing."

Bora stopped laughing and observed her little brother with now worried eyes. "I'm sorry. Do you want to talk about it?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

Minhyuk shrugged and leaned forward to whisper in his sister's ear. "Okay...But you can't tell anyone. No one. Do you understand?"