Chapter 4

"So what do we do?" Kihyun asked, sighing deeply from where he sat in the black couch, placed in the corner of Minhyuk's messy room just beneath the window.

"I don't know, I feel kinda emo y'know." Minhyuk sighed while laying on his bed staring into the ceiling.

Kihyun thought for minutes before a thought hit him.
"Let's get outta here." He suddenly said, waving at Minhyuk to follow him outside with his new camera hanging around his neck in a black strap.
"Bring your art stuffs too."

-

"Get your bike." Kihyun demanded without waiting for Minhyuk's reaction who just jumped up on his bike in confusion with his bag stuffed with pencils and his usual sketchbook hanging over his shoulder.

Kihyun started biking along the empty road with Minhyuk beside him. He wasn't fast since sport was never his thing, nor was Minhyuk but it still worked.

"Where are we even going?!" Minhyuk yelled to make his voice heard over the wind blowing in their faces.

"You'll see!" Kihyun yelled back, speeding up.

After a couple of silent minutes of biking, Kihyun stopped his bike in front of a path leading into a little forest not too long from Minhyuk's house.
He jumped off his bike and Minhyuk did the same.
"Follow me." He simply said as he started to walk on the narrow path.

Minhyuk just nodded. He was very curious of what it was that Kihyun wanted to show him.
He peaked on his phone. It was about 5 PM but it was still sunny due to the late spring season.

Though, in the forest it was dark and chilly. The trees stood too tight to let any sunrays break through the treetops.

"Are we there soon...?" Minhyuk asked quietly, biting his lip as he tried to see whatever hided in the darkness.

"Yeah, we're near now. Are you scared?" Kihyun laughed.

"No, I'm not! Fight me, you pussy." Minhyuk spitted although he was trembling inside.

"I'm not a cat, thank you. And...We're here!" Kihyun brushed the comment off as he grabbed Minhyuk's hand in excitement and led him out of the dark forest to a gigantic flowerfield where the sun once again shined and where beautiful flowers of thousands grew.

Minhyuk gasped from the majestic sight. "Wow...this is amazing! Why didn't you show me this earlier??" He asked while walking into the field to study the flowers up close.

"I don't know...? I just didn't." Kihyun shrugged as he followed Minhyuk who was busy looking at all the types of flowers.
"But I thought it'd be a good place to gain inspiration for drawing y'know. You like drawing flowers after all."

"Yeah! This is wonderful. Thank you." Minhyuk smiled as he pulled the shorter guy into a tight hug.

Kihyun smiled back and patted Minhyuk's back before pulling him away.
"You're welcome."

Minhyuk digged in his bag to grab his pencil and sketchbook as he sat down right on spot to look for something to draw.
He immediately spotted a blue flower and he felt the motivation raising as he started to sketch a basic shape of the flower on the paper.

Kihyun kneeled down next to him. Admiring the flower, he picked up his camera to take a photo of it.
It was a bit more complex than his old polaroid one since there were a lot of new buttons to adjust everything from distance to sharpen.

After some time of struggling, he finally managed to snap a picture of the flower. He showed it off to Minhyuk who was busy drawing.

"That looks cool, bro. Can you print it out for me?" Minhyuk asked, looking at the photo with admiration in his eyes.

"Yes, of course. Why?"

Minhyuk peaked at his phone once again who showed that the time was already 7 PM.
"It's kinda late and I really want to finish this drawing..." He started. "So I thought I could use your photo as a reference?"

Kihyun nodded. "Cool! I can provide you more photos of flowers to draw." He added with excitement in his voice.

"Mhm! Maybe another day though. We should return back home. I think it'll start raining soon...You can sleep at my place. It's Friday after all." Minhyuk agreed as he looked up at the sky that had started to look dull.

"I agree. Let's go. The last one to arrive at your house has to make the bed!!" Kihyun yelled as he sprinted off into the woods followed by Minhyuk who catched up on him pretty fast with his obviously longer legs.

They ran as fast as they could to escape the dark forest as quickly as possible. They then threw themselves over their bikes and started biking as crazy and almost fell in the progress.

Kihyun gave out a proud laughter as he found himself leading but it didn't last long before Minhyuk showed up beside him.

"I'm gonna win!" He yelled, putting all of his strenght to surpass Kihyun who didn't seem too concerned.

"As if I'd make YOUR bed in YOUR house!" Kihyun yelled back, watching Minhyuk tremble a little from almost being out of energy and breath.

"You will-" Minhyuk started yelling back but stumbled off the bike from exhaustment and landed on the grass planted beside the road, shrieking.

Kihyun couldn't manage to stop his bike so he ended up falling off his bike as well, landing beside Minhyuk who just started laughing which Kihyun soon did too.

They just laid there laughing as the rain started pouring down over them but they didn't mind.

"I find the rain very beautiful for some reason." Kihyun said as he finally managed to stop laughing.
"It comes from ancient times but still returns back to us. It reflects emotions too, often sad ones."

"Yeah...it's calming but could also be a disaster. It's weird." Minhyuk added as he felt the rain cooling down his body.

"Man, we should be philosophes, not artists." Kihyun laughed, rosing on his feet. "But for now, bestfriends."

"Forever right?" Minhyuk asked although he already knew the answer as he started walking with his bike beside him just like Kihyun.

"Yes." Kihyun nodded. "Forever."