Chapter 5

The heavy rain wouldn't stop pouring down from the sky and Minhyuk sighed while looking out through his window, still dressed in his soaking clothes just like Kihyun who looked just as gloomy.

"Are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna lend me some dry clothes?" Kihyun asked, knocking on Minhyuk's shoulder.

"Yeah, chill for a moment." Minhyuk answered, rolling his eyes. He walked past Kihyun to open his closet. He took out two new boxers and t-shirts, both footballs shirts that he had gotten from his cousin, Mark but never used.
One was yellow and the other one was white with blue stripes.
Minhyuk held up the shirts together with the boxers for Kihyun to pick.

"I like the blue striped one." Kihyun said after some time of consideration.

"Whatever, you'd look like shit anyway." Minhyuk chuckled, throwing a pair of grey boxers together with the blue striped shirt to Kihyun who catched it in the air.

"Um, have you ever seen yourself in the mirror??" Kihyun quickly responded while taking off his old soaked shirt.

Minhyuk snorted, doing the same thing. "Yes I have and I'm handsome as shit."

"You mean you are shit." Kihyun bluntly striked, getting into the big shirt and changing boxers.

"I am the shit and I'm hot as shit." Minhyuk bragged, turning around to show off his shirtless body.

"Put on your shirt already, you have nothing to show off, fetus."

"Okay, okay, you'd go gay for me anyway."

Kihyun threw himself onto Minhyuk's narrow bed, crawling under the blanket. He winked at Minhyuk who just snorted.
"That's my bed and you're sleeping on the couch."

"Never in my life." Kihyun spitted back. "Treat your guest right."

"Fine, move aside you little shit." Minhyuk sighed, turning off the lights. He then pushed Kihyun closer to the wall so that both of them were able to lay in the bed.

Minhyuk reached for his phone and lit up the screen that became the only source of light in the dark room.

"It's just 8 PM. I don't want to sleep." He complained, glancing at Kihyun who just stared into the ceiling in silence until Minhyuk poked his cheek to make him pay attention. "What should we do?

"Ouch! I don't know? Wait...We could watch a tv show that I started watching the other day." Kihyun suggested, looking into Minhyuk's eyes.

Minhyuk nodded. "Sure, what show is it?"

"It's called 'This Is Us'." Kihyun explained. "It's about these three siblings who you follow through their whole life in three different but pararell timelines. It's really cool."

"Cool, let me search it up." Minhyuk mumbled, googling the show on his phone. "I found it." He instantly rejoiced, clicking the first episode while holding the phone in an uncomfortable position for both of them to see the screen.

As the intro started playing, Kihyun started humming along with it. It was a very casual but complex show and he loved it.

Minhyuk got sucked up by the show and watched it in silence, focusing on everything that happened.

After episode 6, Kihyun started waving in front of Minhyuk's face.
"Minhyuk...Minhyuk! Hello?"

"Wh-What?" Minhyuk answered in confusion.

Kihyun giggled. "It's like 10 PM. You look braindead."

"Sheesh...I got so sucked up by the show. It's amazing." Minhyuk started explaining.

"Yeah but that's enough for tonight." Kihyun smiled, snatching Minhyuk's device to turn it off. "Let's just...talk. I'm not planning to sleep yet."

Minhyuk nodded, closing his eyes. "So...What do you want to talk about? This is kinda gay."

Kihyun snorted at the comment. "Whatever. I heard that the school is holding an art contest for artists of all kinds. Drawing, handcrafting and music. Different sections to make it fair."

"Really?" Minhyuk asked, curious about the event.

"Yeah." Kihyun nodded. "It's a group project so I thought we could join in the drawing section. I could be your assistent."

"Sounds great...Let's do it!" Minhyuk enthusiastically rejoiced.

"Cool. They have more information written on those posters outside of the school. We can check it out tomorrow unless it's raining too much." Kihyun suggested.

"Yes. You're so neat and know so much...Bruh." Minhyuk quietly said.

"Thanks? I mean I can't say the same to you but I still love you so-"

Minhyuk shrugged. "Don't make me say I love you again."

"What? Are you scared anyone will hear it?" Kihyun teased, giggling.

"No, I love you too, bro. Satisfied?"

"Yup."

Minhyuk sighed deeply. "What should we even do for the art competition...? I'm definietly not as good as some other artists in our school."

"No, no, no, don't worry about that." Kihyun assured. "We'll beat them easily."

"Are you sure?"

"...Yes! You just have to draw what you do the best and I have to photo what I do the best." Kihyun said, comforting as he smiled his bright smile.

Minhyuk chuckled. "Like what?" He asked, tugging himself into the blanket.

Kihyun grabbed Minhyuk's thin hand and squeezed it in his. "Flowers."