Road Trip: Part 1

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters. Just the stories plot. 

------------------------

Characters/Ages:

Damian: 3 years old

Tim: 12 years old

Jason: 15 years old

Dick: 17 years old

Bruce: 36 years old

Alfred: Immortal...Duh, I thought this was established

------------------------

Alfred made his daily rounds to all the rooms in the manor waking each of them up, starting with the kids. Though trying to wake up teenagers and a preteen was hard since they loved to sleep in, the last one of all made it completely difficult for Alfred... Damian Thomas Wayne. Being a toddler Damian loved his sleep, cherishing ever moment of it. He would whine until you put him back down for more sleep, but not wanting to risk shattering his ear drums, Alfred decided to leave it to the child's father, seeing Bruce has a soft spot for the youngest. So turning the corner passed the toddlers room, Alfred entered the master bedroom drawing the curtains first letting the bright lights of the early morning shine in.

"Master Bruce its time to wake up, sir" said Alfred pulling back the covers of the bed, but reacting to the cold Bruce's bare chest and feet, he balled into a ball squeezing his eyes shut, and blindly reaching for the covers. 

"Are the boys up?" Asked Bruce yawing while slipping on his slippers.

"Not all, I believe I did leave the youngest for you to take care of. I didn't want to risk my ear drums I do adore them so" said Alfred walking into Bruce's closet to get him a pair of khakis and a white polo shirt since he had the day off. But just as he placed the ironed cloths onto the bed, Bruce's phone rang . 

---Alfreds POV---

"Hello?" asked Bruce into the phone. "Good morning Lucius, how may I help you" asked Bruce again eagerly waiting for a response. "Are you sure?" sighed Bruce. "Well is it mandatory because I was going to spend the day with my boys at home" asked Bruce again, now pacing across the floor after he slipped on a black t-shirt. "Yeah, ok fine it should take me about 14 hours to get there by car, I'll see you there, bye" said Bruce hanging up and running a hand down his face. 

"Well what did he say?" I finally asked.

"I have a mandatory meeting in Star City with Oliver in three days. He knows that the plane is being repaired and I will not be able to get a good ticket on  a regular plane in time so he was waring me before because I'm gonna have to drive." said Bruce while following Alfred out his room. "What will the boys say?, I mean I promised that I would spend the day with them. It's the only day off that I've had in a month, I'd hate to let them down again." said Bruce only a few doors down from his youngest's room. 

"Might I suggest a family road trip" I said while walking past Bruce as he opened Damian's room.

---Narrators POV---

"Hey buddy, time to get up" said Bruce lifting Damian out of his toddler bed thingy and putting him on his hips but Damian just put his head in the crook of Bruce neck.

"I'm tirwed" whined Damian almost sounded like he was going to cry but Bruce just started rubbing his back.

"I know but its time to eat because we have to leave in 3 hours at 12 o'clock." said Bruce walking out of his room and down the stairs.

"Good morning Boys" said Bruce as he placed Damian in his booster seat right next to his seat.

"Morning" said a bright-eyed Tim.

"Hey" said Jason without taking his eyes off of his phone.

"Sup" said Dick...also not taking his eyes off of his own phone.

"No phones at the table" said Bruce before taking a drink of his coffee, but his boys decided to be smart so they stood and took a few steps backwards without hesitation.

"Don't get smart with me, now sit down and put the phones away before I take them away, you guys are the ones who were excited about me having a day off, so actually say a full sentence to your family without typing it," said Bruce with an intense scowl standing his ground ready to take away a phone if needed.  But they both just put their fingers up simultaneously as if they were doing something that could end world hunger. "Don't you dare make me say it again." growled Bruce which caused both of the boys to quickly look up and scurry to their seats. Almost right after the boys sat down, Alfred came in with everyones food on a tray, and was greeted with a chorus of 'thank you's'. He placed waffles and sausage in front of Jason, back and eggs in front of Dick, pancakes with a side of blueberries in front of Tim, warm oatmeal with cut up strawberries and bananas for Damian, and toast and a banana with another cup of black coffee. 

Everyone was eating happily without even saying a word. Bruce finally broke the silence telling them of his plans. 

"I almost forgot, boys I have something to tell you." said Bruce looking up from his newspaper and set it down. 

"What is it?" asked Dick setting his fork down.

"Well... you know how today was supposed to be my day off? Well there is an important meeting that..." started Bruce.

"Are you freaking kidding me? Why is it every time there is a slim chance that you can stay home you always have something to do. You should just quit Dad. We're already rich ya know"  said Jason while crossing his arms.

"Yes Jason I am aware and I can't quit a job when I own the company, but you didn't let me finish, the private jet is being renovated and there isn't enough time to get a plane ticket, so we all are taking the car to Metropolis in 2 hours so once we are done eating I want you boys to go pack with NO issues and in the car by 11:55 no later , " said Bruce while finishing his toast off. 

"Have fun" said Dick with a mouth full of eggs.

"No you're coming too" said Bruce looking at his eldest son like he was crazy. 

"I'm almost an adult Mr. Wayne, I think that I can make my own decisions" said Dick matter-of-factly. 

"First of all no, you live under my roof so its my rules, and second you may be close to being an adult age wise, but mentally you are far from adulthood, Richard." said Bruce.

"Ohh! Dick-face you just got owned by an old man! Give me some B-man!" said Jason while reaching over the table to get a high-five from his  father.

"Don't be an idiot, Jason" said Bruce while smirking.

"Finish" said Damian causing everyone to look at him, but Bruce looked into his bowl to see the young boy only took about two bites.

"No Dami finish everything in that bowl, you barely had dinner last night," said Bruce reaching over to get the spoon and hold it in front of Damian's face but he just turned his face, crossing his arms. "come on open up," said Bruce while holding the spoon in front of Damian's face, but Damian just rapidly shook his head. "fine you leave me no choice" said Bruce plucking Damian's nose closed so that the mini Assassin would have to open his mouth at some point to breathe which was when Bruce would quickly put the warm oatmeal into his child's mouth repeatedly until the food was all gone. 

~Time Skip 12:00~

"Why the hell aren't you boys in the car! Tim and Damian are waiting for you! We are on a tight schedule!" yelled Bruce from down the stairs.

"Chill! We are coming" yelled back Jason as he walked down the stairs and went into the garage. "Which car!" called Jason.

"It's not in the garage its in the drive way" called Bruce as he went to the front door, about to walk into the driveway. "Dick let's go!" he called one last time. Jason made it to the passengers seat of the  car with Bruce to his left. Dick not far behind.

"Get out of my seat!" yelled Dick.

"Nope" said Jason popping the 'p'.

'Oh boy... this is going to be a long car ride' thought Bruce.

To Be Continued...