Broken Pieces

A/N: This is a short story written in Tim Drakes POV. Most of you wanted me to incorporate Young Justice so I did. He talks about how much the Batfamily are broken and how together they make something amazing. Because no matter what life throws at them they always know when it's time to give up.

-------------------------------------------------

We were in the middle of an annual team therapy session, so we can bond better as a team. Kaldur is leading it so Black Canary can take notes.

Great it's my turn.

"So Robin... " started Kaldur.

"I'm sorry Kaldur, but can I interrupt?" asked Black Canary. "I just have a question for Robin".

"Of course" agreed Kaldur. But before she could speak, I heard the door open and God I hope that it isn't Batman.

To no avail I turn around and see Batman leaning against the door.

"How are you dealing with it, Robin? With your life outside of the team. And I'm not talking about your secret identity, I'm talking about you and your families life in Gotham. Like Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl... The Previous Robin. We have to know, being the third Robin, and losing so much, what makes you happy?" she curiously asked.

"Who said anything about being happy?" I said while looking at the ground, practically feeling all the sympathetic looks on me.

"Could you elaborate?" asked Black Canary.

"Why us? I mean what did we ever do to deserve this life. We help people, it's what we do. Yet everything always seems to end miserably. Death, pain, or suffering. Pick one, because if they haven't happened yet, we can expect them in the future. We can't run from it, we can't hide from it, and there is no way in hell that we can stop it. No matter what we do, no matter what we say, it always seems to find it's way back toward us." I started.

"You don't like your life?" ask Black Canary.

"I never said I don't like my life. I mean I have a family that loves me, blood or not. But every single day is full of grief. But you know it's our life, and that's normal for my family and I. The more I think about it, the more anyone thinks about it, they can see that this isn't normal. We deal with maniacal clowns, secret societies, and giant reptiles. And we do it with eaze because it's our normal." I said. "No, I'm not happy. But I'm not sad either. I'm just... I'm just in pain. And it might seem strange, but... but the pain is normal for us." I said looking up to my older Brother, Nightwing.

"Nightwing do you feel the same way?" asked Black Canary.

"We all do. I mean we were happy once upon a time. But then reality kicked in. I mean I watched my parents die, my little brother was just murdered by The Joker, and the thing is we know it's gonna get worse." started Nightwing. "But that's my families life, y'know?" asked Nightwing rhetorically.

"But it's so hard to live this life. It's so hard to pretend that death and misery is a normal thing to live with constantly." I said looking up at my older brother.

"You're right. I'm sorry you have to live in this pain. It was selfish of me to bring you into this, all three of you, my own sons." said Batman. "It's my fault that one of them is dead, I don't want to see that happen to either of you." he finished as he walked up behind me and placed a hand on my shoulder and looking Nightwing in the eye.

"I like this life. I could have left, but I'm still here. I didn't stick around for the hell of it, I stuck around because I wanted to. It's not your fault dad. It's not even your fault that he died. It's this sick screwed up world that always seems to send its worst towards us." I said pulling my knees to my chest.

"Soooo.... is it just me or is anyone else hungry?" asked Wally causing all eyes to go on him.

"Shut up Baywatch!" yelled Artemis while smacking him in the back of the head.

"Ow!" yelled Wally while rubbing the back of his head.

"Anyway. I've said enough." I said standing up making my way to the door.

"Robin, please..." started Black Canary as she semi-stood up.

"No he's right. I'm gonna go update the software on my computer." said Nightwing standing up and following me out.

"Are you sure you boys are alright" asked Black Canary causing me to suddenly stop and stare at my feet, and Nightwing to stop right next to me.

"Yeah we're fine" I said turning around.

"We're always fine." said Nightwing keeping his eyes forward while clenching his fists and we continued walking.

"Are you sure, boys?" asked Black Canary causing us to stop again. But this time Nightwing gave her a side glance.

"No." Nightwing said shortly before we both exited the room.

But before the door could slide closed I heard Batman mutter something to the team.

"They're fine." he said. "They will fight through it. And they won't stop until they can say that their pain is over with"

This cause me to slightly smirk for a second until my face became sore with sadness again. And I could tell that Nightwing tried to talk to me but I just keep walking straight to my room, locking the door behind me, sinking to the floor and bringing knees to my chest; hugging them tight and letting silent tears fall, while thinking:

Why? What did we ever do... what did I ever do? Don't get me wrong I have a great life during the day, but during the night it's a whole different story. I love everything about being able to fly through the sky as Robin in Gotham but no matter what we do, no matter what I do, something always seems to go wrong. The whole crime fighting bit and making a difference is the part that I signed up for. Who knew that there was a cost. And they're always bad. Terrible even. But there isn't any backing out now though.

And I should've been there to stop Jason from dying. He died because of me. And now it's my fault that Dick left. It's my fault that the man who raised me won't look anybody in the eye anymore, he just shuts people out. It's my fault that my parents are dead. It's all my fault.

But you know what? Screw it. We all have been through so much misery we all are broken and now I see why. We call for misery. We spend so much time in the dark, we don't know what light looks like anymore. Bruce pulled us into this crusade and I do thank him, I really do. He helped us see in the dark. Now I know why he lost so many of us.

It's because we're all strong enough to die.

Why?

Because we're all broken pieces, and together we create an amazing puzzle.