Red Hair Dye (Moxiety)

Most of this is inspired by true events that happened when cosmicchill dyed my hair red. Also, I had another one shot I was gonna finish and publish before this but I'm in a really wholesome mood rn after rewatching Thomas's latest vid for the 5th time and don't wanna write angst.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anxiety's POV:

"Patton?" I wandered into the room. "Can you help me with something? You're kinda the dad figure out of all of us, so I figured you might know how to do this?" I held up a tube of red hair dye.

"Sure, kiddo! I know how to dye hair!"

"Thanks." I walked into the bathroom, Patton following me. "Should I just sit down on the toilet lid? I should probably put a towel around my shoulders, right? I've never had my hair dyed before"

"Aw, don't worry about it! And yes to both of those questions."

I grabbed a towel from the closet and sat down, sitting away from Patton so he could dye the back of my hair first. I wrapped the towel around my shoulders.

"Uh oh."

"What?" I replied, turning part of the way around to see Morality holding up the box of hair dye.

"There's no gloves in here. Wait, I'll get Roman to see if we have any." Patton left the bathroom, then came back with the royal trait in tow.

"I do not believe we have gloves; but I've come to the rescue with..." He paused to build up drama. "Plastic bags!" He held them up, then helped put them over Morality's hands. "Goodbye now; tell me later if your quest succeeds!"

I faced the right way again as Patton squeezed out the dye onto his bag hands and started to work it into my hair. After a few seconds of this he stopped, taking off the bags.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm taking them off. I don't wanna get my hands messy, but I can't dye your hair properly with these things!" Morality put more hair dye into his hands and started working it into my hair again. "That works so much better!"

After a little while more, and him telling me to move my head around so he could get every part, he started to laugh.

"It looks like I murdered you!"

Hearing the really innocent, upbeat trait say that made me burst out laughing. He laughed even harder.

"This would make great fake blood. Horror movies should use red hair dye."

"They should!"

"Patton, you watch horror movies?"

"Only when someone makes me. I guess you couldn't really call it watching though, my eyes are usually closed the whole time. Okay, turn around now, I need to dye the front of your hair."

I got off of the toilet seat so I could sit back down facing Patton. "Thanks for doing this by the way."

"No problem, kiddo!"

His crotch was right in my face now, so I looked around for something to distract myself with so it didn't feel as awkward. "Patton, can I use your fidget spinner?"

"Yeah! I don't wanna get dye on it; you can just pull it out of my pocket!"

"Uh, okay." I uncomfortably pulled the light-up yellow fidget spinner out of the front pocket of his pants and started spinning it.

"Two of the lights don't work by the way. I think I dropped it too many times!"

I laughed, trying to balance the fidget spinner on my finger. It slipped out of my hand and dropped onto the floor.

"Sorry." I bent down and picked it up, Morality moving back a little so I didn't get hair dye on his clothes. I started spinning it again, careful not to let go this time. I pushed the lights, one at a time. "Patton! I think I kinda fixed it by dropping it! Two of the lights work now!"

"That's awesome kiddo! I think you're almost done! Go over to the sink so we can rinse out a little of the extra dye."

I got up and stuck my head as much under the faucet as I could. Morality turned the water on, making it really cold. I realized I should probably be closing my eyes when a stinging red drop of water splashed into my face. After a little while of standing in this position, my neck started to cramp up.

"It's almost all out buddy." He noticed my tensing up.

When we were done, he grabbed a plastic bag. "Put this over your hair so it won't get on anything, we need to wait 30 minutes, then you take a shower."

We walked out into the living room and sat on the couch, me being careful that the plastic bag stayed enough on my head that the hair dye wouldn't get on anything.

"Let's watch an episode of something." I turned on the TV.

"Sure, kiddo! You can show me one of your favorite shows if you want."

I put on the first episode of Angel. 30 minutes was up before the end of the episode, but Morality had gotten so into it that we finished the full episode. I wanted to see all of his reactions to it. Then I went back into the bathroom to take a shower.

There was so much red in the water that I thought all of the dye had washed out, but once I dried my hair a little and looked in the mirror, it was still really red. I got dressed and when I went back over to the bathroom, Patton was in there washing his hands.

"Hey, kiddo! That looks really good!"

"Yeah, I think it does too. Did you get any of the red hair dye off of your hands?"

"Nope. I think it's gonna looked like I killed someone for a pretty long time."