killer cuddles

Chapter | 17 

If it really was one of the sins, your body was prepared and you had your weapon with you.  But your mind wasn't prepared in the slightest, even though Gluttony had no problem mercilessly killing you.  You didn't know if you could kill one of your former friends.  Images of their smiling faces came into your mind, you felt your knees begin to wobble and your heart starting to beat faster.  beads of sweat began to form on your face.  

Can I do this? can I really kill them? 

A million thoughts rushing through your mind, overwhelming you.  

You felt yourself start breathing heavily, you grabbed your chest feeling your heart racing.  

You began not being able to breathe, you clutched at your heart and lost balance falling to one knee, Abbas behind you beginning to grow concerned.

"Master!" Abbas yells in an uneasy voice, he crouches beside you and puts and arm around you and starts repeating 'just breathe' but no matter how hard you try you can't.  Your head begins to pound, 

"I-I can't kill them" you mumble, then suddenly another voice appears,

"hey, what's wrong?!" The familiar voice calls out, you look up still breathing uncontrollably.  

It's Jeff.  His face covered in concern, he runs up to you from the dark forest and crotches in front of you.  He looks you up and down,  checking if you're alright.

"are you hurt?" He asked softly, you shook your head, your breathing still erratic, then he looks at Abbas confused as to why your breathing like this. Honestly, you were confused too, it never happened to you before, it only started when you began to think about killing them.

"She's having a panic attack" Abbas cuts in, you and Jeff both look at him confused, 

why would I be having a panic attack? You mentally ask yourself.  Then you feel someone grab your cheeks and pull you towards them, you look and you're only a few inches away from Jeff's face, this situation seems familiar...

"breathe" Jeff says gently while starting to breathe in and out slowly.  You stared into his eyes and everything around you seemed to become irrelevant, you began to imitate his breathing and soon became able to breathe normally again.  

Jeff smiled, then removed his hands from your cheeks and got up you and Abbas did as well.

"so what happend," Jeff asked looking at Abbas' awaiting an answer.  Abbas' didn't reply and just hid behind you,  

so Abbas was scared of Jeff? well, he did kick him in the gut.  And here I thought it was one of the Sins, how embarrassing.  You thought while looking down, your cheeks feeling warm.  

"Y/n?" Jeff said still confused as to why you were having a panic attack, you looked up at him  

"uh, I-I was walking and just started to not be able to breath" you answered, telling half the truth, 

he didn't need to know how terrified I actually am about killing the sins and either did Abbas.

"Oh well, how are you feeling now?" Jeff asked as you awkwardly stood there.  Since you haven't talked since your 'fight'(?).

"f-fine" You answered while putting on a reassuring smile.  Then a sound echoed through the woods, a sound all to familiar; the sound of your growling stomach.  Jeff and Abbas both let out a snicker at the loud growl.  You had been so preoccupied, you forgot how hungry you were.