Chapter 28 Caspian

" We need to retreat! NOW!" Peter shouted to me, as I fought off the last soldier.

I watched as Susan was yanked onto Arius's back and rode to safety. I took this as my signal to run to the stables, where Professor was and collect my own horse. We galloped as fast as we could, barging (almost down) the door and through all the fighting, dodging the arrow or two. In my other hand, I held the chains to Peter's horse, but he was still fighting...

I looked up to Miraz in spite, I was angry, but I knew before and I needed to keep Rose from it all...

My horse still galloped as Peter tried to get on his horse, which was still moving fast.

Arrows shot into the minotaur's stomach, who was holding the gate up for us. Though he didn't look like he could hold it any longer.

The gate rose a little for us to pass through but I knew...

I knew from the BEGINNING this wouldn't end well...

And as I predicted, the Minotaur gave way, so only Reepicheep and small Narnians could pass.

Yells and screams were to be heard from behind the gate, a tear was brought to my eye.

As I saw Rose behind there too...

I thought Edmund was going to keep her safe.

" ROSE!" I attempted to gallop back, but Peter blocked me.

" We can't, it's too late, we have to go!" Peter yelled, although he looked back and looked like he was about to cry himself.

" GO!" He screamed to me. I had to obey him.

" Rose stay safe!" I screamed as I watched Peter get off his horse and confront her at the gate.

(A QUICK PETERS P.O.V)

" Rose, keep yourself alive, keep safe, you know your uncle, he wouldn't kill you....just find your way back to us..." A tear slipped from my eyes.

" Why are you crying? Send my love to Caspian...." Rose said as our fingers met through the gate.

She turned away....and I knew I had to do what I had to do...

(BACK TO CASPIAN)

" Peter, the bridge!" I shouted to him, as it was rearing up and if he didn't gallop quickly, he'd be trapped.

He managed to jump as big as possible to reach our colony and on we went. Back to the fortress.