Chapter 38 Peter

The soldiers were closing in, and I knew we were outnumbered. Great.

I watched in horror as Orius and a few fauns charged over the well-shielded men,  and I wasn't sure what to do. In panic, I turned to face a ugly soldier, whose helmet must've fallen off. With one slice, he fell to the floor and I stabbed the other one charging at me in the stomach.

Everyone kept looking behind me, and in confusion, I turned slowly, making sure no-one was going to attack me.

Yells were heard, and as soon as the sight sunk into my brain, I knew Narnia wanted revenge...

I helped Caspian up from the ditch we had made, and he just stared wonderstruck at the moving trees, their roots used as legs - crushing the enemy as they travelled forward.

" Lucy" I turned to Caspian, knowing Lucy was behind all of this... I swear if I ever doubt her again..

One tree was heard by a large boulder and fell aimlessly to the ground with a large roar...but nothing like Aslan's...and it seemed that I might've been imagining the mighty sound from deep within the forest....but If it was....I don't know anymore..

Whilst this banter was happening in my head, one of the large trees, in anger, charge one of it's longest roots, through the ground, tearing down the structures that were throwing weapons.

With the yells and battle cries from fellow Narnians, I knew there was only one thing left to do...

" FOR ASLANNNNN!" I yelled, as I lead the group, charging, my armour not being able to hold me down anymore. From the corners of my eyes, I could see Caspian on my right, and Edmund and Susan on my left, as we charged in a triangle shape, darting towards the soldiers.

But with every metre we got closer, they were heading towards the trees...Where else would they go?

A loud horn boomed as all of the soldiers retreated further away.

" The river! The river, Pete! They'd be able to get across, we need to stop them!" Edmund shrieked, whilst running.

" TO THE RIVER!" I yelled as a large reply was heard, as we charged through the trees.

" Peter!" A familiar cry was heard and I motioned Caspian to lead the group.

I recognised the cry was from the very back, and saw, quite a while back, was Lucy and another girl I hadn't seen before..

" Peter! Aslan sent me and...oh, this is Tiger-Lily (A/N I KNOW I KNOW, PETER PAN IS AWESOME) yes and he and Rose have gone to the river!" Lucy explained a little out of breath.

" Ok, nice to meet you Tiger-Lily" I smiled, and her eyes sparkled, if that's possible.

" Just Tiger" And this made me grin, as this reminded me of Rose...which just made me remember what Lucy had said.

" Wait, Rose?" I said, I could feel my muscles aching from my rapid change of emotion.

" Yes, she escaped with the help of Tiger, and....." But she seemed to stop as we all turned to see all of the Narnians nearly out of sight.

" Tiger, where are you going?" Lucy asked, as I turned back around to find Tiger had jumped off the horse, and was about to walk off.

" You two need to go, I need to go back home anyway..." Tiger smiled, as she glanced my way.

" Do you have to go" I blurted out and she stopped.

" Don't worry...i'll be back for Caspian' coronation"

Wait WHAT.

" Bye, High-King" She whispered, and as if he had magical powers she shot off into the trees.

" Wo-" I was rudely interrupted my the tug of my hair.

" Come on!" Lucy yelled as I hurled myself onto the tall horse (it was very tall)., and we raced quickly after the others.