Chapter 14

***Serena's POV

I knee down next to Gastrodon. I quickly examine his body and find black marks on his torso.

"What is going on?" May yells.

Misty keeps crying.

"Stay here with Misty and Gastrodon!" I yell, as I get up and rush through the door.

I look around. Nothing seems out of place. I retrace my steps back towards the pool and gasp when I find Jason.

He has one hand against the wall to keep his balance. A big pool of blood is at his feet as he stares down Maximum across from him.

"Sometimes, the best way to kill is by doing nothing." He says, snapping his fingers. A giant dinosaur mixed with a shark stomps behind him.

"There's more satisfaction, watching the life slowly drain out of their bodies," Maximum slowly walks towards Jason. Jason stares at Maximum and the Pokemon.

"What's wrong Jason? Meowth got your tongue?"

Jason reaches for his belt and pulls out a Pokeball. He unleashes his own, big dinosaur Pokemon: a Tryantrum.

"Oh? Still want to fight? That's fine. I'll respect your wishes. It's only the polite thing to do, right Serena?"

Maximum turns and stares me down.

I gasp. Jason turns and his eyes widen.

"Get out of here," Jason weakly mutters.

"Aw, you don't want her to see your final stance. It's ok though, she's going to be busy enough. Garchomp, Hyper Beam on the girl."

Garchomp aims at me, powering his shot.

"Tyrantrum, Take Down!"

Tyrantrum obeys, charging straight at Garchomp, but then is hit by a Psybeam, and is thrown into the pool.

"It's ok, I brought friends," Maximum says.

A woman with a white mask comes around a corner, with a Kadabra next to her.

I run towards the pool.

"Garchamp!"

Garchamp unleash the beam straight at me. I dive straight into the pool, avoiding it by miliseconds.

My eyes being to sting from the water.

I look around, and I see Tryantrum struggling to reach the surface. I slowly reach and grab my Pokeball, unleashing Mudkip. I point at Tryantrum, and gesture towards the surface. Mudkip nods and swims away. I go upwards, breathing in as soon as I get out of the water.

"What a smart girl. I'm impressed. Too bad you only delayed your death, not his," Maximum says. Jason slowly slides against the wall to the ground.

That's not good.

"Jason!" I yell as I swim towards him.

"Sir, we have to go! The townspeople are trying to break through the barrier," the masked woman says, pulling on Maximum.

"Let them come! They won't stand a chance! Bronzong's Barrier is unbrenchable!"

I pull myself out of the pool and run to Jason's side. His eyes are slowly closing.

"Jason! Don't give up on me now!" I shake his body gently. His eyes flicker in response.

"Sarah? Is that you?"

Who's Sarah?

"Jason, it's-"

"I'm sorry for what I did, I never thought this would happen," Jason mutters, before trying to close his eyes again.