Chapter 30

***Serena's POV

Someone knocks on the door.

"Serena? Are you there?" A female voice asks.

"Yes," I say, walking towards the door.

The door flies open, and in comes a girl in a black mini dress. She's wearing a white beanie and has blue hair. She has a serious look on her face.

"I'm Platinum, and welcome to one of my many mansions. Now, I want you to join in taking a dip in the pool," she says, smiling.

I really don't want to go. Going swimming at a time like this just seems wrong.

"You need to get your Pokemon healed. The medical equipment for Pokemon is in the basement. You might as well enjoy yourself while you wait for your Pokemon to be back in tip top shape," Platinum says, grabbing my arm.

I sigh.

"Fine, let's go."

She pulls me out into the hallway.

"Wait, what about May?"

Platinum frowns.

"I tried opening the door, and it was locked. I was going to unlock it, but I could hear sniffling coming from inside, so I just slid a note under her door instead," she whispers.

"Then she needs someone to comfort her," I say, as I walk towards May's room.

"We both know who she wants to comfort her," Platinum says.

I stop where I am.

May is dramatized after watching what Ash did. Maybe she wants him to explain everything.

Ugh.

This whole thing is frustrating.

"She needs time to recover on her own. She eventually come out. She'll get hungry," Platinum says, as she starts walking down the hall. I follow hesitately.

...

I walk out of the dressing room. I'm wearing pink bathrobe with my bathing suit under it. I walk over to the bunch of tanning chairs, next to Platinum.

She's wearing a white bikini, with her blue hair in a ponytail. She's laying on one of the beach chairs, as if she was sun bathing.

"Serena, you ok?" She asks.

"Yeah, why?"

"You seem, distant. Conserved. Dazed. Out of it. Why?"

"I just don't feel comfortable being here," I say, sitting in the chair next to her.

She looks at me, then sits up.

"I'm not really sure what happened on your journey so far, but I do know this: being so serious all the time is not good for you. You have to lighten up and have fun! I know you guys went dancing, so why can't you come swim?" She says.

I look towards the pool.

Gold and Crystal are splashing each other in the pool.

Ruby and Sapphire come out of the suana, and see to be arguing with each other.

Silver sits in the corner by himself, on a tablet, with headphones covering his ears.

Walking towards us is a man with long blonde hair, wearing orange swimming shorts.

"Pearl, what are you doing here?" Platinum asks.

"Well, Dia saw that we almost burnt dinner, so he kicked Gold and I out, so I came down here, knowing I'll find you here," he says, bowing and reaching his hand out.