Chapter 34

***Serena's POV

I slowly open my eyes, and Ash right next to me with his eyes closed.

He's so cute when he's asleep.

I carefully move up and give him a kiss on the cheek. He smiles, and opens his eyes, glancing at me.

"Good morning beautiful," he says.

"Good morning Ash," I say, as I shuffle around a bit so I can easily lay on Ash's chest.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"A lot better now that I know you're here," he says, kissing me.

My heart does a backflip.

We slowly back away from each other. Pikachu whimpers as he stretches next to us.

"Hey Pikachu," I say. Pikachu turns and smiles at me.

"Pika pi!"

"Hey Serena, I have to talk to you about something," Ash says, as he turns towards the nightstand and grabs a Pokeball.

"But first, I have something to give you!" I yell, as I jump out of bed and dive straight into my bag. I feel Ash eyes looking me with curiousity.

"Close your eyes!"

I wait until he listens, then I pull his red hat out of my bag and walk towards him. I gently place the hat in his lap, and I also kiss his lips. He eventually opens his eyes, and smiles.

"Best presents ever."

He takes the hat and places it back on his head where it belongs.

"Now, it's my turn."

***Jason's POV

I make my way into the dining hall. There, most of the Pokedex holders, along with May and Dawn are already there, eating breakfast.

"Good morning May. Dawn." I say, as I sit next to Dawn, who's next to May.

Dawn is no longer in a wheel chair. She finally has feelings back to her legs and arms, but she still has scars on her wrists from trying to escape the metal braces.

"Good morning Jason," they both mutter.

"What's wrong?" I ask, as I grab a bagel and start spreading cream cheese on it.

"Well," Dawn says, looking around. She sighs.

"We're both kinda heartbroken. Turns out all three of us had a thing for Ash, but look who ended up getting him," Dawn says, as she plays with her food.

"After I chased him through most of Kanto, Serena was the one. Even after she had conflicting feelings for you!" May says, pointing at me.

What?

"What did you just say?" I ask, dropping the knife and bagel on my plate.

"Serena at one point at had feelings for you. There was a time I thought she didn't want Ash anymore, and she was completely head over heels for you. But that didn't turn out to be true," May says, as both Ash and Serena walk in.

They walk in with their arms interlocked. They come over and sit down next to us. Ash takes his newly acquired hat off at the table.

"Good morning," Serena says, smiling at us.

I don't know how long I can keep my cool.

She had feelings for me? What happened to them?

The door opens once again and Sarah walks in.