Chapter 35

***May's POV

I watch as Crystal paces back and forth in the dining hall.

"What's wrong?

"This whole situation. It's stupid. There are so many unanswered questions, such as why this Bryon guy wants to start a war!" Crystal exclaims, throwing her hands in the air.

Green sits in the corner, brushing Yellow's long blonde hair while Dawn sits next to me in a chair.

"You need to relax. How about you and Gold go spend some alone time in your room," Green says, smirking at Crystal. Crystal stops and glares at her.

"How about we focus on the matter at hand! This is serious! My home has become a battleground! I was lucky enough to know ahead of time to get all the people out of the city, but if I didn't, it could've ended very badly," Yellow says.

"That explains why the city was empty," Sarah says, entering the room.

"Yeah. So this brings the question back to Bryon. How does he manage to have strong enough trainers to control Pengen Pokemon?" Crystal asks, still pacing around.

"Not all of them are strong enough to control them. Serena was telling me how Nidoking blasted the woman that infected him soon right after," Yellow says.

"When we were attacked, the Aerodactyl wasn't infected by the Pengen," I say.

"That's true, but Ruby and Sapphire were filling me in about how an Aerodactyl and Salamance were infected later on. We don't know if any trainer controlled them or not. Gah!" Crystal says, sitting down on the ground angrily.

"What about me?" Sapphire asks, waiting in with Platinum behind her

"The woman of the hour!" Green says, clapping as Sapphire sat down. She automatically begins to blush.

"So tell us: do you know what finally convinced Ruby to ask you to be his girlfriend?" Platinum asks.

I let out a soft sigh.

"After I stormed off angrily the other day for him not remembering, again! He ran up to me and took my hand. He said he did remember that day, and how he was worried that I didn't want him anymore. So then he realized that he needed to get past that and find out for himself instead of scaring himself out of it. So he asked me and I said yes!" Sapphire says, squealing a bit.

"Whoa. I think this is the most I've ever seen Sapphire act like a girl," Green says.

The room breaks out into laughter.

"Wait, where's Serena and Misty?" Dawn asks.

Serena is probably all over Ash again.

"Serena ended up going with Jason to visit Nidoqueen and Nidoking at the pokemon center. Misty went to talk to Ash, who's training in the back somewhere," Yellow says.

"What?" I yell.

Everyone stares at me.

"Why is Serena all over Jason, but yet still ends up with Ash! Now Misty is alone with him! Who knows what she might be trying to do!" I yell.

Yellow frowns.

"You need to relax May. Being jealous is never a good thing,"she says.

"Besides, you don't have to worry about Jason," Sarah says, grinning.

"How so?" I ask.

I thought she was letting him go? Why the sudden change?

"I had a little talk with him last night. I want us to try, so I asked him, and he said he would think about it but I already know his answer," she says.