Chapter 41

***Serena's POV

"You ready?" Ash says, offering his head. I firmly grasp it as we step out into the hall. It's a little bit past midnight, and we're all gathering in the dining hall once again.

"You look beautiful," Ash says, as I catch him glance at my whole outfit. I'm wearing my usual red skirt, black top, and pink hat, but replaced my long socks with leggings. The blue ribbon is tied at the end of the collar.

"Thank you," I say, quickly giving him a peck on the cheek as we enter the dining hall. Everyone is gathered around Blue as he's going over the details of the plan.

"Everyone is going to approach Mt. Moon on the main road, besides Kanto 2. We will create a diversion so you guys can go their base and get rid of Bryon. Kanto 2 is made up of Jason, Sarah, and Ash, so-"

"And me."

Everyone turns to me. I take a breath and summon all the courage I can.

Blue stares at me. I can feel his brown eyes burn into my skull.

"I said you aren't coming. End of discussion."

"No. I'm going, whether you like it or not."

Blue starts walking over towards me. Ash pulls me back, and he steps in front of me, confronting Blue.

"If a war breaks out because we couldn't stop them, it'll be on you two," Blue says coldly, as he walks back. I let out a breath I was subconsciously holding.

"It's ok," Ash says, squeezing our interlocked fingers.

"Any questions?"

I glance over, and I spot Jason towards the back of the room, with Sarah at his side. He stares straight at Blue.

"Where is May, Misty, and Dawn? I can't smell them anywhere," Sapphire asks. Blue turns over to Crystal and whispers something in her ear. Crystal just shrugs.

"They're fine, don't worry about them," Yellow speaks up, making her way towards Blue. Blue nods and faces everyone else.

"Alright, let's go!"

...

We walk through bushes, in between trees and dodge numerous branches that seem to randomly fall.

The Pokedex Holders went ahead of us, so they confront the enemy first. Then we, Kanto 2, left, with Jason and Sarah leading while Ash and I take the rear. It's been nothing but awkward silence.

"Stop."

We halt as Jason breaks the silence. He then points up. I see a small opening in the leaves, but spot nothing unusual. Then, I see sparkles shine in the sky. As they fall, I reach my palm out and watch as they melt as soon as they land. I smile. They're snowflakes!

"Why is it snowing? We should be in the middle of the summer." Ash asks.

"Bryon must've done something to upset the balance of nature." Jason says. I see Ash tense up. I reach out for his hand, and he happily accepts it. Sarah looks ahead, then flops on the floor.

"The Pokedex Holders stopped for a break, so we'll do the same," she says, as she holds her arms out for Jason, and Jason sits next to her and engulfs her in a hug.

Ash then let's go of my hand and wraps his arm around my waist, bringing us closer together.

I smile at him and he smiles back.

The wind suddenly picks up, causing the cold to hit hard against us. Sarah then begins looking through her bag.

"I need to change into warmer clothes," she says, as she pulls out a black winter coat.