Chapter 38

***Ash's POV

***Meanwhile, behind the Pokedex Manison***

"Nice job everyone! Let's take a quick break!" I say as I fall back on the ground, staring into the sky.

I wish I could be a cloud. They just float around effortlessly, letting the wind take them everywhere they want.

"Pika."

"What's wrong Pikachu?" I ask, as I sit up.

Walking towards me is the red haired girl who became my first friend when I started my Pokemon journey.

She stands a few feet away, holding a baby Seel in her arms.

"Misty. Hi."

I quickly stand up and walk over to her.

She lowers her face, and squeezes Seel a bit tighter.

Pikachu runs up to her and rubs her leg with his paw. She looks down at him and smiles, setting down Seel. Seel and Pikachu discuss for a brief moment, until Pikachu and Seel walk together towards the pond. The rest if my Pokemon walk away, minding their own business.

"It's nice how there's this open field with a pond behind the manison," I say, rubbing the back of my head. Misty nods and stares at me. We stare at each other for a minute, until Misty takes a deep breath.

"I see you have your hat back."

I grin, as I touch the rim of the hat with my right index and middle finger.

"Yeah. Serena gave it back to me."

Misty chuckles, then looks up to the sky.

"It's funny. Because the sky never seems to change, even though everything on Earth changes with time."

"What do you mean?"

Misty looks at the ground and grins.

"You really are clueless aren't you?"

I stare at her.

What is she talking about?

Misty rolls her eyes, then sighs again.

"Let's look at you for example," Misty says, walking around me.

"You're no longer that ten year old brat who was stupid, ignorant, stubborn, and destroyed bikes! You actually grew up." She says, standing in front of me once again.

"And I was lucky enough to see you grow and mature for about two years," she says, smiling.

I feel my face getting warm.

Should I say something?

"But look at you now. You're sixteen, almost seventeen, and killed all my fellow gym leaders. Why? Why did you kill Koga and Blaine? Why did you kill Brock?" Misty says, tears forming at the corners of her eyes.

Brock.

My throat goes dry and my palms begin to sweat.

I haven't thought about him since that night. But I remember every single detail. The cries from his defeated Pokemon. The curses coming his father as I ordered Pikachu to shock him. I remember Brock smiling, telling me it was ok, and that he forgave me, as Pikachu, in tears, sent a Thunderbolt straight to his chest, and watched him hit the cold floor, where we left him. To die alone.

"Well? Answer me!"

Misty forms fists as she holds her arms against her side, waiting for an answer.

"I did it for you." I start, looking straight into her eyes. She gasp, backing away.

"Bryon and Maximum both came to my house. They came up to me and asked for my help. They explained what they wanted to do and of course I said no! But then they mentioned my mother, May, Dawn, Serena, and you. They knew where everyone was, and said in detail what they would do to every single one of you. I couldn't risk anything happening to any of you, especially Serena. I need to make sure that-"

"Serena was safe. I know. I hope you realize that you did all this for her," Misty says coldly.

"Serena. She means a lot to me Misty. I love her. I'm willing to do anything for her. And she's willing to do the same for me. She travelled through Kanto looking for me, even thought I told her not to do it and how dangerous it was!"

Misty grins, then chuckles.

"What's so funny?"

"I felt the same exact way for you."

What?

"When we traveled together. Even thought we were children, I felt something special towards you. I loved seeing you happy, and I got sad when you were down. I tried my best to always help you and push you towards your goal. But you never noticed how I felt. You never saw the extra efforts I made into making you happy. I realized that you didn't see these things because you didn't see me the same way I saw you. So that's why when I had the chance to leave, I did. I had to, in order to move on and allow you to be happy with someone, and for me to finally be free from the chains of my emotions. And it worked. It really did." Misty says, as the tears ran down her face.

Wow. I had no idea.

"Misty, I'm sorry, I-"

"Don't be sorry! Don't. Because I don't care about you anymore. At least, not in that way," she says, wiping her tears.

"I have to be able to make sure you don't do anything stupid ever again. And to make sure you make everything right for all the bad things you did, even if they had some good motives behind them." She says, as she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. She opens them and smiles at me.

"I forgive you. For everything. Just make things right. Please."

I nod, and I run up to Misty, engulfing her in a hug. She quickly hugs me back, as I try to hold back my own tears.

"I won't disappoint you Misty."

"I know you won't Ash."

At that moment, we feel shadows fly over us. We let go of each other and see two Charizards and an Aerodactyl fly towards the main entrance of the manison.

"Looks like Jason and Serena back!" I yell, as I grab my Pokeballs and return everyone, as Pikachu runs up to us with Seel.

"And looks like they brought friends with them as well."

***Serena's POV

We gently land on the ground in front of the manison. I get off, and Jason returns Charizard. He takes off towards the manison without saying anything. I try to go after him, but Red grabs my arm.

"Leave him be. He needs some time to be alone."

I watch as he slams the door open and enters the building.

I can only imagine what he's feeling. I can't help but feel guilty for part of the pain he's feeling.

Blue comes over towards us.

"After we say hi to everyone, I'm going to start up a meeting. We need everyone to show up so we can plan our next move," Blue explains as he heads towards the building.

Red sighs, and fixes his hat.

"Enjoy the time you have with everyone now, because it's about to get busy," Red says, as he walks in.

Busy? Well it can't get much worse.

"Serena!"

Ash runs toward me and picks me up in a hug.

"Ash! Let me go!" I yell in between giggles.

"I'm sorry, I just missed you a lot," he says as he sets me down. I look behind him and I see Misty, with a Seel and Pikachu walking over.

"I missed you too Ash," I say, as I tightly wrap my arms around him. He quickly wraps them back.

"Everything ok Serena?" Ash asks.

"No, everything is not ok."

I sigh, as I prepare to tell him everything.