Chapter 28

***Ash's POV

"Minions, attack them!" Maximum yells.

"Don't! Let them go," Bryon says, crackling his knuckles.

"What? Why!"

"I want their downfall to be by the power of Pengen," Bryon says.

I look and watch the Pokedex Holders run. I spot a girl among them, with golden hair.

It can't be. I told her to stay away.

"Serena!" I yell.

The girl turns around, and we make eye contact. Her face breaks into a smile.

"Ash!"

She tries to get a better look, but they carry her out of the building through the hole in the wall.

Good. Now she'll be safe.

"Then I'll take care of this traitor. Swampert, Hydro Pump!" Maximum yells, hitting Inferape & Charizard. They instantly faint and fall to the ground.

"Grenninja, take him out with Cut!"

Grenninja flies foward, landing a critical hit on Swampert. Swampert, stumbles, but counters with a Brick Break, hitting Grenninja on his back.

"Grenninja, Double Team now!"

Multiple copies of Grenninja appear, surrounding Swampert.

"Mud Shot now!" Maximum yells, as he runs straight towards me.

"Don't be coward and leave all the fighting to the Pokemon!" Maximum yells, tackling me to the ground. Pikachu jumps off my shoulder and growls.

"Shock me and you'll shock him too!" Maximum yells, grabbing me by the collar and lifting me up.

"Serena. She's pretty isn't she? You should've seen her face when I grabbed her Pokemon and reached under her dress," he says.

No.

No no no.

"You did what?" I yell, as my fist meets his face. It causes his mask to fly off his face.

He quickly lets go of one hand and covers his face. Suddenly, he's knocked down to the ground, causing him to let go of me. I see Jason roll on the ground and get back up.

"Jason? What's going on?" I ask.

"Return Grenninja, grab Pikachu and get on my Charizard now!" He yells, as he walks over to Maximum.

***Jason's POV

I walk over to Maximum. He's covering his face with his hands.

"Not so brave without your mask, are you?" I ask as I kick him in the stomach.

I roll him over, and pry his hands off his face. I'm greeted with white skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes, screaming fear and anger.

My heart drops, and I quickly let go of his hands. I slowly back away from him.

"Are you surprised Jason? Or did you see that coming?" He asks, as he gets up,   o longer hiding his face.

"Drew. I, what? why?" I ask, barely able to speak.

"What do you mean why? You caused this! You killed my best friend! Now, I'm going to make you pay!" Drew says, drawing his sword.

"You know that was an accident. I didn't mean for anyone to die!"

"It doesn't matter if you ment it to happen or not. You will pay for it!" Drew yells, charging at me.

He's right. I have to pay for my mistakes.

But not today.

I dodge the blade last minute by shuffling to the side, and I stick my foot out, tripping Drew to the ground. I rush over to Charizard, where Ash is waiting.

"Scoot over!" I yell, as I jump on Charizard's back.

Bryon stares at us, then points at us.

"Drapion, Sludge Bomb now."

"Charizard, Smokescreen!"

Charizard unleashes smoke from his jaws as the attack comes straight at us. Under the smoke, we dodge the attacks and leave the gym.

"Where are we going? I need to go back to get Dawn!"

I look at him, and smile weakly.

"That's exactly where we're going."

...

***Dawn's POV

I need to leave.

I can't stay here any longer.

I can't keep looking at him. He's just laying there. They didn't even bother picking him up after he injected himself with the Pengen. The smell is creeping up my nose.

"Somebody help me!" I plead, as I try to break out of my braces. But all I manage to do is leave deep marks on my wrists. Blood slowly travels down my arm.

I close my eyes.

Think happy thoughts.

Oh, who am I kidding? I'm locked up in a room with a dead body who used to be a living friend!

"Someone, please, get me out!"

I loosen my body, letting it hang from the braces.

Ash said he would get me out of this. But he's the reason I'm here.

"Ash! Why? Why did you do this! I could be someone sipping iced tea, and bathing in the sun! But instead, I've been locked up in this lab for Arceus knows how long! I hate it! I hate the masked men! I hate Pengen! I hate this whole situation! I hate you! I hate braces! I hate broccoli! I hate this!" I gasp for breath as sweat falls from my chin.

"That's a lot of hate."

I open my eyes, and I see Ash and a man beside him, throwing an unconscious grunt to the ground.

"Ash! You're here!"

He smiles.

"I told you I would get you out. And I'm a man of my word. Pikachu, Iron Tail now!" Ash yells, as Pikachu jumps off of Ash's shoulder and hits the braces with his tail. I begin to fall, but Ash catches me. I land in his arms, and I quickly wrap my own around him. He hugs me back.

"I'm sorry I did this to you," Ash says, his voice cracking.

"I, I, I don't hate you," I say, tears falling froqm my face.

"Oh Arceus. Please tell me this isn't who I think it is," a man says, kneeling next to the body.

"It's Gary Oak," Ash mutter weakly as he lifts me up bridal style. I immediately wrap my arms around his neck.

"Reach into his lab coat pocket. In there, is a large tube of pink liquid. Bring it with," Ash tell the man.

The man obeys.

"Is there a chance that Serena's Braixen could be here?" The man asks.

Ash's eyes pop open.

"They have Braixen?" Ash asks in disbelief.

The man nods.

"No. I've been in this room many times and have searched it. There's no Pokemon here besides ours," Ash answers, sighing.

"Damn it!" The man says, as we head out the door.

I'm finally leaving this Acreus forsaken place.

Author's Note:
Thanks for the support guys! I really appreciate it! The story got 1k reads! I know it isn't much compared to other stories, but I'm grateful for all the readers who gave this story a chance, & those who've been following it for a whole now! Thank you :)
& as always, Happy Reading :)
-eV04