Chapter 9 - Crazy

Marco Hastington

"Just bring them to New York, hand them two to Matthew." I said to my man and they nodded. Matthew changed the plans to move Hiroto and Yurina to New York to lure Patt back.

"Yes sir." I sent them off to my private jet to go back to New York. I have something to do in Japan before going back to New York again. I need 2 more days here.

I turned to Cassandra and she was crossing her arms in front her chest. Her face was paled and I knew she was sick but I don't want to care about it. She punched me yesterday and I held back my temper since she's a girl. I don't hit girls.

I walked pass her and walked into my car. She followed me in silent. She didn't say a word.. she really didn't say a word. I turned to her and she looked at me with a cold stare.

I sighed and started to walk again. I got into the car and so was she. She put her seatbelts on and looked straight to the front.

"So you're acting like a child now?" I asked quite piss with her attitude. She leaned to the seat and closed her eyes.

I started the car and started to speed up again. We drove out from the airport and I drove back to our hotel. I got into the lift without waiting for her, I'm sick handling a childish woman like that.

I went into our room and quickly opened the laptop. I started to open the CCTV cam records. Archer hacked the Hikomoto's building's CCTVs. It was quite hard but he managed to work it Autumn along with Aiden.

I looked at every minutes to find odd things about it. I kept looking at it for 2 nights and barely have some sleep. I need to finish this mission thing cause I have a lot of work back in New York. I have 2 company to run and Christian can't handle it alone.

I called Cassie's phone to make her come up to the room so she can help me. I can't do this alone anymore. Why isn't she answer the phone?

I opened the tracking app and started to track her. She's inside the hotel but where exactly she is. I zoomed in and found her on the rooftop. I got out from my room and took the lift to the top of the  hotel.

What's with her?

I walked out from the lift and saw her standing there doing nothing. I walked to her and stood beside her. I turned to her and she's currently closing her eyes.

Suddenly I felt that I hit my soft spot, I sighed.

"Go take a rest, you need it." I said.

"What do you think happen after this?" She suddenly asked and I felt so glad to hear her voice.

"I don't know."

"Patt will find me sooner or later."

"I won't let him find you."

"Why? Because you need me?" She asked in a cold tone and let out a small dry laugh.

"Yeah.. Why?"

"Everyone treat me as a puppet huh?" Now I felt bad..

"If I betrayed you in the future please don't do anything bad to Carine, just shot me instead." How can this girl say that? I scoffed.

"You'll never kno-"

"You have a sister too and I know that you love her to death even though she loves to annoy you and things like that. Carine is just a 12 years old girl, she doesn't know anything about my job or where I stay or what I eat or what I'm doing in my life. Spare her, just take me instead." She said seriously.

"You'll never know if I shoot you and then kill Carine too."

"Spare her, this is my one and only wish. She's the only reason I stay alive until now. I hate my parents to death but I still respect them. I don't want to see them after this ends too."

"Why should I grant your wish?" I asked.

"So why are you here?" She asked changing the topic.

"I want you to help to watch all the CCTV records to find anything odd." I said and she nodded.

"Marco.." She suddenly called.

"What?"

"Don't.. don't fall for me." What is she saying??

"Do you think I will fall for you? I never go for a girl like you." I laughed and she looked at me seriously.

"Good." She said and then she walked towards the lift. I looked at her completely confuse, I don't understand everything that she's saying. Was she drunk?

I walked to the lift and got in with her. None of us talk again until we arrived to our room. I gave her my other laptop and gave her some of the files to let her check.

I started to check again.. it was tiring cause we have to check every second of it to find any strange actions between the employees and Hikomoto. I watched if for hours and hours.. until I turned my head to Cassie. She was sleeping on the laptop and her face was so pale.

I put the back of my hand to her cheek, she got a fever. I got up from my seat and slowly picked her up. I put her gently on the bed and wrapped the blanket on her. I turned on the heater so she won't get cold since she's freezing.

I took my wallet and my phone, I walked out from the hotel to find the nearest pharmacy. I need to buy a medicine and some fever pads to attach it to her forehead.

I went there and got everything for her. I bought her a chicken porridge too since we're in Japan. I asked one of the nurse who worked at the pharmacy and she said I can buy a porridge across the street.

I walked back to the hotel and stopped on my tracks..

Why am I doing this?

I might love Lauren but I never do this to her. I must be crazy.