Chapter 26 - The Fight

Cassandra Lancio

I have no hope to live in this state. I was more than weak, I can't even move my body. I was lifeless. One punch more and I'll die.

When the door bursted open.. I never thought Marco will come. With his presence here, I need to get up to prevent Kolen to hurt him. I turned my head even though it was so painful, I saw Marco geared up and since Kolen's eyes on him. I took this chance to get up and kick him.

In seconds, his guards and Kolen himself's point his gun at me. Kolen was holding 2 guns, one was pointing at me and the other one pointed at Marco.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I bursted angrily to Marco and he looked at me with his cold eyes. He pointed his gun Kolen. I slowly stood up straight and looked at Kolen.

"This is quite interesting.." Kolen said smirking looking at me and Marco

"You killed my brother.. it was so easy to lure you here." Kolen said to Marco

"He deserved to be killed." I said and Kolen turned to me. His eyes was burning in anger and I walked slowly to him

"You deserve to die too" I said with a serious tone and I put my head right on his gun. I kicked his jewel in seconds and took one gun from him and stood in front of him so he won't be able to shoot Marco without shooting me.

I looked around to find something that might be handy to escape or to protect Marco. I walked backwards towards Marco and I saw a grenade visible on one of his men.

I pointed at it and shot it. He blew up and I covered up myself under the table. Kolen's guards starting to shoot to my hiding place. I felt my body aching and it really hurted so much but just.. to protect Marco. I need to stay awake not fainting.

I saw 2 fire extinguisher and I shot it. It blew up making it all foggy. I quickly ran towards the door and saw Marco hiding behind that door. I took his hand and kept shooting my gun randomly. Suddenly a bullet was shot into my stomach. I looked at it and quickly took a grenade from Marco's body. Marco was busy to shoot all the guards outside the room too.

I threw it to the room but suddenly Kolen and his men walked out in time. He was pointed 2 guns at me. I was glad to see that all the guards in front the door was K.O. We ran towards the exit door.

Marco shot another fire extinguisher and threw a 3 grenades towards the exit door and towards Kolen. He pulled my hand and we ran towards the exit. I saw Kolen kept shooting his guns towards our way. I kept running with him until suddenly Kolen shot Marco's shoulder until he almost fell down. That got me so mad..

YOU CAN HURT ME BUT YOU CAN'T MARCO!

Before I could fight him again, Kolen shot my body 2 times. The first one was in my stomach and the second one was towards my waist. I fell down to the ground. I heard Marco screamed my name and he started to throw all his grenades towards Kolen and shot his guns towards Kolen's position.

I've reach my limit. I can't hold my consciousness longer.

Everything was happening in slow motion. Suddenly from our side, there's a lot of shooting. There was a lot of grenades blowing everywhere. I felt my body was being carried. I can't hold my body any longer.

I got 3 bullets inside my body. I've reach my limit and I can't hold it any longer.

"Cassie! Cassie! Stay with me! Do you hear me?" Marco screamed in agony. I looked at him and he was running while carrying me up.

"Cassie.. Cassie please! I'm not losing you again!" My breathing was starting to get.. shorter and shorter. The pain was just too much

"No no.. Cassie please. Don't leave me! Cassie! You need to stay awake!!" He screamed in panic, suddenly I felt my body was put on a small bed. Marco held my hand and they put an oxygen mask to me. Marco help my hand slowly.

My eyes were tearing up and my breathing was getting shorter and shorter. He teared up too and my heart broke more.

"I'm sorry." I said

"You need to stay awake.. please.. please" he begged

"I can't.. I've reach my limit." I said and he shook his head

"No.. you need to stay. You can't leave me like this! You can't!"

"I'm sorry.."

"No no please.." He begged but my eyes was closing slowly. I heard Marco was screaming my name before I closed my eyes fully.

At least, he's safe. That's what I'm aiming for. I can't kill Kolen but as long as I still saw Marco safe. I'm okay. My body has reach it's own limit and I can't stay any longer. I can't hold the pain anymore.

3 bullets.. the violence that Kolen gave me.. I can't handle it. I can't.

Am I going to die now or I'm going to be alive? Everything is on God's hands. I was hoping that I can be conscious for awhile to see Marco one more time. I miss him.. God can you at least let me hug him one last time before taking me back.

I deserved to die too.. I killed a lot of people because of Patt and Kolen. They died while I'm still alive. Will this be my Karma?