Chapter 23 - Running Away

Cassandra Lancio

"Thankyou." I smiled at the staff and walked out from the coffee shop.

If you people thought that I'm dead, no I'm not. I did this of course to avoic Marco. I hurted him enough and I just don't want him to involve.

After that big explosion in Brazil, I went away from America and lived in France. I have a cousin there and I asked him to hid my identity and the fact that I'm still alive.

In France, I started to build up my life. Started from the bottom again and started to chase my dreams to become a writer. I started to write and publish my book with my new name Patricia Melcome.

I was happy but not happy too. I can't explain how I feel. Not being able to see Marco was hell. I cried a lot at first, I was crazy that he has a big impact for me.

I kept update on the 7 Gold Lifes from the news, I always found myself smiling everytime they got a photo of Marco. It's quite hard to see him out, so I was quite hoping that he will go out often so the paparazzi captured a photo of him again.

Now, I'm currently in New York. Yes.. I'm an inch away from Marco but I had to keep my promise. I made promise with Matt and Marco's dad, Luke Hastington, that I won't see Marco again.

Not only Marco but I can't see my family and Carine again. Apparently, Marco took care of them. If I come and show myself to them.. everything will be ruin.

I miss Marco and my family. It hurts me everytime I think about them.

I'm here in New York to have a meeting with a bg publisher so I can publish my book here in America. I'm only here for 3 days and I'm staying at my friend's apartment.

After getting my coffee, I walked back to my friend's apartment. She's currently went out with her boyfriend so I was alone. I needed my coffee so bad because I've been writing non-stop.

I turned to the TV table to pick up the remote control and found Deandra's keys there. She didn't bring her keys again. I can't believe she's this clumsy.

I sat down on the floor and started to write my book again. I was so drowned in writing and listening to music.

Suddenly I heard someone knock on the door, it must Deandra. I want to scold her for not bring her keys again. I walked towards the door and opened it.

My whole body froze to see Marco standing here in front of me. How? I need to pretend that I'm someone else now.

"Uhmm can I help you?" I asked and he looked at me disbelief.

"Cassandra." He said my name in a really sad tone.

"Cassandra? My name is Patricia. Are you looking for Deandra? She was out-"

"Cassandra!" He bursted and I flinched a little.

"Sir.. I'm not Cassandra." I said in a France tone and he looked at me blankly. He walked towards me and I saw his eyes fill with tears. He tried to reach me and I walked back.

"Sir! You need to get out.. or I'll call the police!"

"Cassie please.." He begged and my heart hurted so bad right now. He's an inch away from me but I can't reach him.

"I'm Patricia! I want you to get out from my apartment or I'll call the police now!" I bursted angrily and he looked at me hurt.

"Can you open your clothes?" He asked and I knew he's trying to prove that I'm Cassandra with my wounds. He looked at my neck closely and I bravely showed it to him.

"Are you crazy? You need to get out!" I pushed his body towards the door but he held my hands. I felt the warmness that I miss.

"Sir! You're so rude! I'm not Cassandra! My name is Patricia Melcome and I'm a writer!" I bursted angrily at him.

"You're Cassandra.." He said

"I'm going to call the police." I pulled my hands from him and he caught it back.

"You can't lie to me.. Cassandra! Stop pretending that you don't know me!" He bursted.

"I don't know you!" I hissed.

"Then prove it!" He said and since he wanted me to open my clothes. I took off my top and he looked at my body. He looked dissapointed. He turned my body and I turned to him again. I put on my clothes and pointed at the door.

"Go out.." I said coldly.

"I'm going to prove you thay you're Cassandra." He said looking at me seriously and I laughed

"Go ahead, you won't get that. I'm Patricia Melcome." I said as I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"I don't know if you're pretending or you really got amnesia. You covered the wound prefectly.. even the scar on your neck. But I know you still got the scar from my injection." He said and I cursed myself

"Funny.. really funny sir." I said as I pushed him out.

"Just you wait and see, Cassie." He said and I closed the door in front his face. I locked the door and walked into my room. I cried my heart out.

Suddenly my phone rang.. I took it from the table and looked at the caller ID.

"What are you doing here in New York?" Matthew asked coldly.

"I have my meetings with a publisher for my book. I'm here for 3 days."

"He found you."

"He went here earlier but I proved enough that I'm not Cassandra." I said and he sighed.

"Keep your promise, Cassandra."

"I will, don't worry" I said and he ended the call.

I need to runaway again.. next destination.. Singapore