Girls V. Boys {13}

This chapter is dedicated to Butchandbc

Thanks for all of your support!! <3

*****

While the Girls were upstairs, the Professor decided to give them as much time as they needed. After around twenty minutes, the doorbell rang.

"Ah, you're here," the Professor said as greeting, to the three boys standing in front of him.

"Did they..." Boomer trailed off.

"Take it well?" Brick finished, for his brother.

The man in the white lab coat scratched the back of his head,"Well, better than they would've a couple weeks ago..."

Boomer winced,"So it was still bad, then." He seemed to deflate.

"Er. Not precisely, but they did go upstairs for a few moments of peace-" At his words, the Boys each drifted off into their own thoughts of the girls.

Boomer thought of Bubbles; her pigtails bouncing when she ran, her giggling at nothing, and her talking softly to animals. He wanted that smile back on her face.

Brick though of Blossom; her red bow always present, her random facts, and her teasing smiles. He wanted that look in her eyes again.

Butch thought of Buttercup; her crazy dark hair, her competitiveness, and her confident smirk. He wanted that attitude of hers back.

"I'll check on them after a few more minutes," the Professor finished. The RowdyRuff Boys snapped out of it long enough, to realize they needed to respond.

"Er, right," Butch sheepishly rubbed the back of his head.

The Professor narrowed his eyes at the boys,"You didn't hear a word I said, did you?"

"Uh...no?" Boomer asked, a bit unsure of if it was a trick question.

The man just sighed,"How did they put up with you three, I'll never know."

Brick just shrugged, though the remark had stung a little. He could see from his brothers' faces, it had hurt them too.

Girls...please save us soon.... They all three begged in their heads.

******

When the Girls did finally come back down, they found their father and the Boys all sitting in the living room trying to not be awkward. Which honestly, was not working.

So the girls announced their presence, after watching for nearly five minutes.

"Girls! Er, I mean- let's eat dinner...shall we?" The Professor said weakly.

During the meal, not one of the Girls spoke a word.

"I understand you Boys were the ones to help the girls at school," the Professor tried desperately to start a conversation.

"Um, we just-" Boomer began, only to get a elbow in his ribs.

"What do you mean? Help them with what at school?" Butch asked, with an almost innocent expression. If Buttercup knew...would she kill him?

"We already know you threatened the Principle, and the entire school," Blossom said quietly, while stabbing her salad with a fork.

Brick winced, The poor salad...

Butch looked at Buttercup, but she was busy eating too. She glanced up a moment later though, to catch his eye.

"I'm not going to kill you," She muttered, going back to her food, before adding-"Yet." Causing all three boys and the Professor to tense.

Boomer was sulking, he didn't want to upset Bubbles again, so what did he do?

Much to his shock, Bubbles looked up and met Boomer's eyes, before she immediately ducked back down.

Blossom glanced at her sister,"We would say thanks...if we could."

All three boys exchanged a look, it wasn't a thank-you, but it was better than what they could've hoped for.

*****

After dinner, the Professor came up with the lamest excuse ever to get out of the room. Leaving the Girls to see the Boys out.

Instead, the Boys all sat on one couch- while the girls sat across from them on the other couch. It was deathly silent, until someone broke it- like glass. 

"We..." She trailed of, before looking to her sisters. They both nodded to her.

"We, don't want to...erm...Buttercup?"

"Get involved," The ravenette supplied.

''Right. Get involved with anyone-"

''-Especially you guys," Buttercup interjected again.

It was silent for two seconds, before the words hit the Boys' brains.

Brick flinched, Butch dropped his head into his hands, and Boomer began to cry.

"But," Everyone held their breath as Bubbles spoke,"We are okay with...acquaintances- I guess you could call it?"

Blossom nodded,"Thank you for....being there once in the past few years..."

At first, the Boys had only wanted their old girls back, not the newer ones. Now... they just wanted their girls- and they wanted to help them.

"Brick? What the hell now?" 

The Boys walked home in the rain, though they didn't mind- it hid their face expressions.

"We don't need them to be who they used to be... we just need them to get better..." Boomer whispered.

"I'll settle for anything at this point," Butch sighed.

"Agreed," Brick murmured.

****

Hooray!!

Boy, I'm just pumping out the chapters today... there should be two more either today or tomorrow.

Hope you guys enjoyed it, Please:

Vote

Comment

Let me know what you think!!

:-)Have a lovely day!! ~LanonaWalker

Word Count: 834