Hard to forgive and accept

Abigail POV

I woke up by Tobias shaking me. "I hear people coming. grab your weapon" he says to all of us. in the distance, we see the careers. Devon jumps down and looks like he will kill them, but instead high fives one of the boys. He then points towards us. "TRAITOR!" Yells Mary, sadness in her voice. "whatever! now come down here and fight or we will come up!" yells Devon. Tobias climbs down and so does Mary. "Now come down bitch!" yells Devon. I slowly climb down and the battle begins. Devon runs at me with an arrow in hand. I try's to stab my arm but I dodge it. I take the piece of wood and hit his leg. he falls and I hit him again in the stomach.

   "BITCH!" he yells. I take my axe, but can't bring myself to kill him. I look over at Tobias and see him easily fighting 2 people and so is Mary.apparently some careers are dead or didn't come. I look back at Devon and he gets up and punches me. I punch him back and he laughs "all you got?" he says. I take my axe and swing it at him. I miss and he laughs again. he punches me and I fall. I hold my stomach and he kicks me. I roll out of another kick and get back up. I limp away quickly but he catches up to me. he pulls my hair and I swing my axe. I hit his arm and he yelps in pain. I look over at Mary and she looks like se lost a lot of blood. I try running over to her but I'm to late.

the tributes she fighting lunges to her and she falls. the other one stabs her and she dies "NOO!!" I yell. her canon goes off and the careers back away. Devon is still holding his arm. "that's it. we can deal with them later." says one of the boys. they run away and I run to Mary."NOO! she was too young!" I scream. the hover craft comes and Tobias has to pull me away. I hug him and cry. "why? why!?!?" I say.i notice they didn't pick up her sweater. he hugs me tighter then we go up to the platform/tree house. I lay down next to him and softly cry. "shh,shh it's okay, it's okay" he says and I see a tear roll down his face."lets go hunt" he says quietly. we climb down then I see a bunny. I quietly limp towards it. I take my axe, close my eyes, then kill it. I pick it up and bring it back to Tobias. he is holding a bird and a bunny. "how will we cook it without drawing attention?" I ask "well, we can make something to catch the smoke and it will cook faster." he says.

We grab Mary's sweater and tie two sticks to them. I put that over the fire, but It won't burn. Tobias puts a bunny on a stick and roast it after skinning and gutting it. it only takes 10 minutes to cook. tobias cuts the bunny and separates it between the two of us.

   it starts to get dark so we put every thing away and climb the tree. we then hear foot steps. "shh. be quiet. says a male voice. " i know i know! all i want is to ally with Abigail  and tobias." says another female voice. "they want to ally" i whisper. "OK lets go down" replies tobias. we climb down. "hey" i say "oh! umm. hi! I'm Selena from district 11 and that's my brother Alex. " says Selena. "how old are you?" i ask. "I'm 12 and my brother is too." says Selena. "oh. well we are 18 wanna ally?' says tobias "sure!" says Alex ,speaking up for the first time. " OK. well follow us." i say. we climb the tree into the tree house. "wow! i didn't see that!" says Alex. "good, we didn't want people seeing it." i say. " are you hungry? asks tobias. "a little" says selena. he pulls out the left over cooked bunny and gives it to them. "thank you" they both say. the anthem starts to play and they show the fallen. there was both from 8 both from 3 both from 7both from six, the boy from 4 the girl from 1 both  from 5 both from 10 and Mary. the anthem ends and we all look at each other. 5 others have to die. all careers. "tomorrow, we kill them." says tobias. "OK" we all say. "wait. you where allied with Mary and Devon. Mary is d-dead so wheres Devon?" asks Selena. " he was a traitor. he is with the careers." i say angrily. "jerk" says Alex.

  "we should go to bed. ill take the first watch," says tobias. "ok" i say. selena and alex roll out there sleeping bags. alex is on one side of me and selena is on the other. tobias sits down againts the wall facing me. "im scared" says selena, "well, sweetie, so am i. but we will protect both of you guys." i say to them "what will you name your kid? asks alex. "well if its a boy; alex and if its a girl;selena." i say smiling. "thank you" they both say. what they didnt know is that i was having a boy and a girl. but i was gonna tell them tomorrow. 

   once i hear them sleeping, i get up and sit next to tobias. "hey' i say. "hi" he says back. "do you know what gender it is?" he asks, "yes. i went to see before the reaping. I'm having twins. a boy and a girl." i say a smile spreads accross his face and he hugs me. "how far along are you now?" he asks "about 6 months" i reply. "go to sleep" he says, i go back in my sleeping bag and go to bed

   i wake up in the middle of the night and tobias is still awake. i get up and sit next to him. "go to bed. ill watch" i say. "no. I'm fine," he says. "then  let me stay up with you." i say. he smiles and says "ok". i sit next to him and lean my head on his shoulder. he looks at me and kisses me."i miss mary" i say. "i know, so do i " says tobias

   we stay awake for another hour then tobias falls asleep. he is so cute when he sleeps. i smile and kiss his cheek." i love you." i say.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mary is dead and devon is a traitor. sorry! but so u like alex and selena? so i try to post as often as i can so they are short. sorry! next chapter might me a little short(comment abby if you read this far) so i might do sponser points should i?