Speak of The Devil

I was on my way to the precinct to bring Jamie some food, since he had finally gotten back after a long, boring, week. I was just around the corner when Danny texted me.
D: Hey kid, we got a problem. Come down to Jamie's precinct.
A: On my way. Is he okay?
D: Yeah, he just got a visitor and I think you should see this.
I was confused as I walked in, until I saw a woman pushing Jamie. "We were engaged! You love me!Don't deny it. You need me." Jamie laughed. "Sydney, you broke up with me. We're not together anymore. I have a fiance. And to be honest, I never loved you." That was my cue. "Hey babe, am I interrupting something?" Sydney turned towards me. "Ah, so this is the whore that you proposed to? And she's pregnant? How precious." I laughed and kissed Jamie before handing him his lunch and turning back to Sydney. "Thank you, honestly I'm flattered. But you two broke up about 5 years ago, give or take. And the only 'whore' here is the one wearing a low cut top and a mini skirt  yelling at her ex fiance about how he still loves her." Everyone in the precinct went silent and Eddie whistled right before she smacked me across the face and punched me in the stomach. I heard shouting and handcuffs clinking before 3 officers rushed to me.

After several hours in the ER and a lot of panic (mostly on Jamie's part) later, we found out that I was fine and so was Kaia. I had a bruise and a handprint, that was about it. Danny walked into my hospital room where me and Jamie were sitting. "Hey kid, you okay?" I laughed and nodded. "Never better Danny. We're gonna have a hell of a story to tell at dinner tonight." Danny chuckled. "Yeah we are. Let's get you out of here."

"Jamie got a special visitor at work today." Everyone looked up from their food. "Oh?" Frank looked at me. "Yup. A certain ex fiance."
"What did Sydney want?"
"Well according to her, Jamie loves her and he needs her. She called me a whore and punched me. She's pretty weak though, didn't cause any damage." Erin choked on her mashed potatoes. "She punched you?" I nodded. "Yeah. But let's move onto something more positive. Me and Jamie picked a name." Danny's head shot up. "Well? What are you waiting for, tell us!" I laughed and me and Jamie said it together. "Kaia Margaret Reagan. Kaia after my mom, and Margaret after your guy's mom." Everyone had a smile on their face and Nikki spoke up. "Kaia Margaret Reagan. It's beautiful." I smiled and hugged her. "Thank you Nikki."

I was looking for something to watch when I got a call. "Hello?"
"Hi Amari, it's Erin. I was wondering if you could chaperone on Nikki's field trip to a museum tomorrow? I'd do it but I have work."
"Of course! I'll drive her to school so she doesn't miss the bus on her field trip. I think Jamie is on patrol there tomorrow."
"Thanks so much. Just to warn you, the guide is one of the teachers, Mrs. Wilson, yeah she's a bit of a bitch." I laughed.
"Consider me warned. I'll see you later."

I pulled up to Erin's house and Nikki came running to my car. "Hey Aunt Amari! Thanks for chaperoning me." I laughed and she got in. "Anytime Nikki. Where are you going for your field trip anyways?"
"Some museum." I nodded and started driving. "So, why is this teacher of yours a bitch?" She laughed. "Hates Reagans because she thinks they're corrupt. Thinks we would do better if they're were no police." I rolled my eyes. "Damn. She sounds mental. I'll be sure to mention that I'm engaged to a Reagan." Nikki laughed and I pulled up to her school. I walked her to her classroom and everyone looked up at us. "Nikki. Who is this your with?" I smiled at her and shook her hand. "Amari Wells. I'm here for her mom since she got called into work on a case." She nodded. "I see. How do you know Nikki?"
"I'm engaged to her uncle Jamie." I showed her my ring. She ignored me. "Alright class, the buses are here so let's go. Miss Wells here will be chaperoning us so please be on you best behavior." We walked out to the buses and I sat in the front. "Alright kids, a few rules before we go! You are only allowed to use your phones if you have earphones in, 2 people per seat, and no yelling please!" I rolled my eyes. She really was a bitch.

I was walking in front of the line when I heard an all too familiar bang and screaming. I told everyone to get down and counted. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, all the way to 16. The gun was empty. I pulled out my gun and turned around. There was a man reloading the gun. He reloaded it and pointed at the group of kids surrounding 3 people who were hit. I shot him twice in the chest and turned to the kids. "Everyone move! I'm​ a doctor, I need to make sure they're okay​." Everyone moved and I looked at the three kids. All conscious. 2 hit in the shoulder and one in the leg. "Alright, Nikki, Mrs. Wilson. I need you to put pressure on the gunshot wounds in these guy's shoulders. I'll work on this girl's leg. Someone call 911!" Everyone did what I said and Jamie ran over. "Amari what happened?"
"Some guy fired into the crowd, 3 hit as far as I can see. Guy reloaded and pointed it towards us so I shot him." He nodded and called for backup.