CHAPTER FIVE; MISCALLS AND UNANSWERED TEXTS

CHAPTER FIVE;

MISCALLS AND UNANSWERED TEXTS

April

....

It was another exhausting day at work. I rotated my neck side to side as I walk to the elevator. I tried to pretend I didn't notice Nick standing by the elevator entrance staring straight at me. I played with the hem of my Street Fighters band tee, trying everything for him not to come up and walk with me. I walked into the elevator and just as I predicted, Nick followed behind me.

His eyes lit up and just as he opened his mouth to say something, a familiar tattooed man walked into the elevator too.

A smile spread onto my face, "Hey Phil!" I said.

"Hi April!" He greets with a smile. He looks away from me to a obviously jealous Nick. "Hi Nick, what's up Nick."

"The sky." He says bitterly.

"That's a kinda old joke." Phil says scratching the side of his head.

He glares at Phil and then turns to me with a bright smile on his face. I felt a shiver go down my spine but not in a good way. "Funny running into you here April."

"Its a elevator dude, everyone uses it." Phil says smugly.

"Will you shut the h- it nice to see you again April." Nick says suddenly cutting himself off from saying whatever to Phil. A shuddersome feeling hit my chest almost making me lose my balance.

"You too Nick." I said as nicely as I can. For the rest of the ride down to the floor that contained the lounge room, Nick just talked about his job delivering mail around the building. He moaned and bitch about it being stressful and what not. Phil and I would make faces at each other because we both knew that if anyone had the harder job, it was him.

"Back at it again getting Nicole's coffee?" Nick says as he tried to attempt to lean against the wall and look cool, which in reality made him look like the world's biggest idiot.

"Yep." I answered trying to contrate on not spilling any of the hot liquid on my hand as I pour it into the cup.

He chuckles, "You really got to stop doing things for her."

"What do you mean?"

"She's a grown woman, she can do these things by herself."

"In case you haven't noticed Nick, I am her assistant meaning I do anything she asks me to." I said laughing at the last part trying to   relieve some tension.