CHAPTER NINE; DARK GREEN

CHAPTER NINE

DARK GREEN

April

....

"Um not that hungry so I'll just have the kids meal chicken stripes please. I would like ranch with it too." I say to the young waitress who was currently taking care of our orders. My hand was resting on the table soon I felt Nicole place her hand over mine. She flipped my hand and interlock our fingers together. I didn't bother moving my hand because it felt nice having her hold my hand. I had notice that Nicole has been holding my hand lately, I didn't mind though. There was this feeling that I got with Nicole, it was like no other feeling I had gotten before. She makes me feel safe whenever she's by my side. I didn't want that feeling to go away.

"Okay I got a Chicken Salad combo with a side of broccoli and cheese soap and for the young lady I got a kids meal chicken strips with ranch. Is that correct?" Both Nicole and I nodded our head. "Okay it will be out shortly."

"Young lady." I mocked when the waitress left.

"I know." She said with a small smile.

"Do I look young?" I asked.

"Sorta of. Maybe it's the powderpuff hoodie." She said gesturing to my charming apperal.

I shrugged, "It's cold as fuck, I swear my non existent tits are gonna freeze and fall off."

She took a sip of her ice tea and looked down at my chest, "No there's something there."

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Yeah it's the hoodie."

"No even without your hoodie there's something there." Her eyes scanned me up and down, "Do you even realize how gorgeous you are?"

"Um am I supposed too?" I didn't want to sound so annoying but I've only been called pretty or something like a few times in my life. It was strange for me personally to be called something like that.

"Of course." She paused for a second, "I think you should realize how attractive you are. You're stunning April. Not just on the out side you're gorgeous but on the inside too."

I didn't know what to say to that. It was unusual for someone to complement me on my looks. It made my cheeks heat up and stomach feel funny.

"Um thank you Nicole...you're super gorgeous too. Like wowie you probably have everyone's attention. You definitely have mine most of the time, I mean like I am your assistant and I'm supposed to you know assistant you in ways. Not in ways that are sexual cause I don't want to lose my job. I mean unless your into that but I doubt it. Okay I really don't know what I'm saying, I mean I wouldn't do that. I would smash though but no homo. But you're very pretty and I'm speechless half of the time. You're hair is super pretty and sometimes I want to run my fingers through it and see if it's as soft as it seems. That's really weird. I mean I'm not a weird person, okay maybe a little bit but that's like whatever....I'm gonna stop talking now." I say realizing how dumb I am. Good fucking job April.