CHAPTER ELEVEN ; SAFE WITH ME

CHAPTER ELEVEN

SAFE WITH ME

April

....

Unfortunately Monday had rolled around a little bit too fast. I was stuck at work once again, I had no problem with it. I actually liked working here but what happened on Friday night makes me want to quit and move back to New Jersey. I didn't bother to even find or  talk to Nicole. Luckily she wasn't in her office this morning when I dropped off her everyday coffee.

I messily scribbled down some useless information down on the notebook I had. Tears welled in my eyes in frustration. I have no idea what to do about these threats. I mean the obvious answer is to tell Nicole about them so hopefully she puts this a stop like she did with Danielle.

I fling my pencil and it hits the door with a thump. Suddenly the door opens reveling Danielle. She walks in and looks around at my somewhat boring office. "It's surprising seeing you in here." She says.

I sigh, "I needed some time to myself."

She shuts the door behind her and pulls a black chair that I had in the corner and sits in front of me.

"Okay what's wrong?" She asks.

I shrug my shoulders and swing the chair side to side. "There's nothing wrong." I say as believable as I can.

"Now I'm usually the fake bitch to fake all my emotions so it takes a fake to know a fake. Now tell me what's wrong."

I stare at the shiny butterfly stickers I had on my desk. Should I tell Danielle? I mean she knows about the dead roses, I might as well tell her.

"Do you remember me telling you about those dead roses I've been receiving?" She nods her head. "Well this person has took a step farther."

Her eyebrows farrow in confusion, "How?" She asks seriously.

I lean on my elbows and look at her in the eyes, "At the club on Friday I was coming back from the restroom when a man with shaggy light brown hair and blue eyes bumped into me and shoved a envelope in my hands."

"Mox." Danielle says almost like it's a whisper. I wasn't too clear if I heard right.

"Huh?"

She shakes her head continues me to go on, "Nevermind, what was in the envelope?"

"There was a handwritten letter. It said something around the lines that if I need to have it clear to me that I can't be involved with Nicole close up then that's what will be done. I can't excatly remember what else the letter read, I only read it once. It was enough for me to get the hell out of there."