CHAPTER TEN; PARTY GIRL

CHAPTER TEN

PARTY GIRL

April

....

"I regret all my life decisions." I say quietly to myself as I get past by the bouncers or whatever and into the night club Nicole had rented out for the company for one night only. For the past hour thoughts had been eating my mind.

"Do I look stupid?"

"For God's sake, I look like a thirteen year old playing dress up, trying to get into a club."

"Fuck why did I decide to come?"

I walked into the place, trying not to trip over my black heels that happen to be a little bit big for my small feet. Lights of all sort of colors hit the dirty dance floor like a light show. Laughter and small talk fill my ears like water. A overwhelming sensation feels my body from my fingertips to my toes. My heart starts to race as I realize I couldn't find no one that I knew. Normally at work I hanged out with Nicole but here it was not my place to do so. She was occupied with important business people, greeting her in high hopes she'll notice them.

I looked lost and out of place. I knew I shouldn't have came. This was not my place, if anything this is all out of my limit. Everyone looked fun and at ease, I was just a woman who was struggling with herself.

"Fuck this shit I'm out." I said and began to walk away from the whole scene. I would of made it out if it wasn't for a voice stopping me from doing so.

"Hey Ape!" A cheerful voice belonging to Nick says. I turn around and placed a small smile on my face.

"Hi." I greeted towards him.

He walked over to me with a small glass in his hand containing a clear liquid. He was dressed in a grey suit with his bleached hair slicked back. He looked clean up but there was just something about him that felt uneasy.

"Wow." He says as his eyes look up and down at my frame. "You look smoking April!" He exclaims a little too loud making me feel uncomfortable.

I fiddled with my fingers, "Thanks."

"Did you just get here?" He asked.

I nodded my head, "Yes actually."

"Well what are you waiting for?" Let's get you a drink."

I could one out of two things. I could refuse and say that I'm actually waiting for someone and pretend to go fine them when in reality I'm probably gonna go sit in that booth in the corner and stare at people, while having a pity party. Or I can say yes to Nick's offer and let him get me a drink. Maybe not the best choice but better than being alone.