Chapter Eight

After a while of walking, the sun started to set on the horizon. Ace and I walked up to the top of a building were there where was just dirt and rocks. Ace laid down with his back on a wall. I laid down beside him and laid my head on his chest. He pulled me close as a breeze blew by.

"This is just like old times.....I like it," I smiled gently. When we were younger, Ace use to bring Luffy and I to the roof to watch the sun set to calm us down for bedtime. Ace nodded and slid my hat off of my head and pushed the hair away from my face. Moments later i heard footsteps on the ladder. I looked up to see a tall Luffy standing in front of us. I reached my arms out for him to lay. He laid down in between Ace and I with his head on my stomach.

"This is nice. I wish we could do this more often, but I'm always on the ship.....you and Ryker should join us sometime," the bright minded boy smiled widely. I sighed knowing that this would be over whelming for Ryker. There were too many reasons that I couldn't go, and one of them was because of Ryker. I sat up and looked at Ace as his grip loosened and his arms unraveled.

"Yeah. You should. We can just leave the kid with his mom until we get back." He said softly. I sighed.

"I can't do that. I'm basically his mother....." I ran my fingers threw my hair and held my legs close to my chest after getting Luffy off of me.

"What? You're a mom?" Ace sat up and raised an eyebrow worried, surprised, and confused. I sighed and looked at him.

"Calm down. I was never pregnant. About five years ago, I found Ryker in an ally abandoned by his parents. I took him in and promised to care for him until he was better. After two years, we couldn't depart from each other, so he is living with me. I take care of him since he had nowhere else to go and was never cared for." I sighed and bit my lip. Silence is all that was left. 

"Hey....it's fine. I just didn't know. I realized he was with you a lot. You care for him......like I do for you and the rubber idiot." He smiled gently and hugged me. I stood up and walked down the ladder, followed by Luffy and Ace. We walked towards the ship as the sun was about to completely set. As we stood on the deck, I stared at the sunset"s reflection in the water. After the sun set, I walked onto the ship and walking into the room Ryker was in.

The room was empty. I walked to the kitchen where Nami, Robin, and Tony were talking over tea. I spoke softly not wanting to interrupt, but finding Ryker was more important than whatever they were talking about. 

"Um....Tony...Have you seen Ryker? He's not in his room." I bit my lip and watched as he walked towards me.

"Well, last time I saw him, he was heading towards Zoro's room. Follow" He walked out of the kitchen with me following behind him. The small reindeer opened Zoro's room door for me then walked away. I slowly stepped in seeing Zoro telling Ryker a story. The small boy was laying on Zoro. He looked at me as I walked in.

"Sorry. I was looking for Ryker. Go ahead and continue," I smiled and sat in a small wooden chair that was next to the bed. I looked at Ryker that was cuddled under the blankets with the taller male. Zoro set the book on a counter beside the bed and sat up. He reached out his arms and pulled me into his bigger frame.

My emotions stirred as my cheeks flushed with a deep shade of red. I pulled away slowly and laid in the bed on the other side of Ryker. I smiled to myself. Who knew that'd, out of all people, Zoro would be the most affectionate.

"He read me a bedtime story. Stay and sleep," Ryker grinned at me with sleepy eyes. I chuckled softly and looked up at Zoro. Zoro shrugged and nodded. I slid my body underneath the blanket and held Ryker close to me. His body was cold indicating he wasn't feeling well. I held him tightly as I felt a pair of warm arms wrapping around my body.

I smiled softly and snuggled close to the young boy. As he dozed off I kissed his head reassuring his safety. He clung onto my shirt like a baby. I took my hat off and set it on the floor, not caring about it. I looked at Zoro who was slowly drifting to sleep. His arms were firm around my waist. I blushed and kissed his forehead as well, soon dozing off myself. 

***AUTHOR'S NOTE***

Thanks for reading. This chapter was very heart set for me. It was just heart warming and deep. I would've posted it yesterday, but I was typing it, and it took me about an hour, then it deleted and I had to try to retype it today. Well, it is like 1 am here, so I'm heading to bed. I am busy for the next few days due to spring break and hanging with friends. Have a great spring break!!!! I love you all!!! PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE, READ, AND FOLLOW ME!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!