F. R. I. E. N. D. S

ROSE'S POV

It was the week before the Christmas break, and I, Rose Granger Weasley, was standing concealed under an invisibility cloak, behind the doors of the deserted charms classroom at nine at night, with Ali.
We both had been appointed the task of spying on Zoe, by none other than James Sirius Potter.
" Zoe. Listen. to. me. " Aiden said between laughs. " let's go to the three broomsticks this Saturday. "

" oh dammit! I have to pack to leave on Saturday Aid... We're going to the Weasley's for the breaks, Dominique and Molly are throwing a huge party to celebrate their last year at school.... "

" But Zoe... "
" I have to... I'm sorry babe"

I cringed immediately the thought of Zoe calling someone babe was just too... Weird ....
I turned towards Ali who had her tongue stuck out. I shook my head in disgust and turned my attention back at the couple inside the classroom.

" Hey Aid listen.... it's just a few days... And besides you have your friends to keep you company... " Zoe said soothingly

" yeah... Marlie and the others are staying back for the vacations.... But I don't want them.... I want you... "

Despite James being my cousin, I really didn't think there was any way in hell that Zoe will leave Aiden. He was sweet, he was bookish (therefore Rose Weasley approved) he was a one girl type, and it was pretty clear that he really liked Zoe.
Meanwhile, James was rude, he didn't give a damn about Studies (it is still unclear to me, how we are related) and... He was a player. But James had his plus points too... He would die for the people he loves, he pampers his girls, (me included), and he is still searching for true love, and if my big bro says that he feels something different for my friend, I'm gonna take him up on it.

I was shaken from my thoughts when Ali pulled me into a closet.

" what was that for?!" I whisper-yelled as I took the cloak off both of us.
"
they were coming out dumbo!"

"aah... I see... Hey Ali.. " she looked up at me.
" Do you think that James stands a chance against Aiden?"

She smiled lightly. "there's a chance for everyone. And is James wants her, I believe that he'll get his chance soon."

I snorted. "I get the philosophical point of view, but this isn't a Romance novel Ali, we need facts and reality."

She scowled at me. "I meant that he's going to get his chance soon, the Christmas vacations dummy!"

I smiled cheekily as she continued scowling.  "Think about it, if James does get Zoe, we all will be a family!"

"what do you mean? " she asked me apparently confused.

" oh come off it! We all know that Al fancies you, and you fancy him! "

She gasped.

" Al likes me? " so... She did not know.

" nooooo" I said unconvincingly.

She was about to say something when the door swung open.

Scorp stood there with an apple in his hand. He looked at us in mild surprise. But then, he continued.

"so... Do you girls plan on coming out of the closet? " He said smiled cheekily.

" wha-oh shut up! "I screeched and smacked Scorp. Ali stood there looking confused while I  smacked Scorp continuously and he winced each time. 

We all walked out of the closet together.

" so did you girls find something about Zoe and Aiden? "
As we filled him in on it, he listen patiently.

" so, are you saying that James propose to Zoe during  Christmas? " He said raising his eyebrows at Ali.

Wait... Is something going on?

I had just opened my mouth to say something when once again I got interrupted. By Connor.

" Hey Ali..." he looked her up and down "How you doin? "

I  let out a snort of laughter. Being the most muggle oriented of the three of us, I actually got Connor's F. R. I. E. N. D. S  reference.

I high fived Connor as Scorp and Ali looked at us weirdly.

" Anyhow, " Ali began, still eyeing us weirdly with Scorp. I then realized that I had been acting like a mad woman with  Connor, whom I definitely did not like.

" Connor, what're you doing here? Isn't it like dinner time ? " she said.

" Oh right! I had come here to find you guys, Albus is at the center of attention in the great hall. Thought maybe you'd like to see... "

" of course I... I mean we... We would love to see what's going on... " Ali rambled.

" okay then " Connor grabbed Ali's  hand and led her down the Corridor.

I was left alone wondering if Connor liked Ali and if Ali was into him or Al or into both.... And all was well till I realized that I wasn't really alone, I was in a secluded Corridor, with Scorpius Malfoy, alone. ALONE.

He however seemed unfazed by this. 

" how did you know what he was saying? I couldn't get it at all. " Scorp asked me and all I did was place a hand gesture gun at my forehead and said, " Unagi"
Which caused him to look at me weirdly while I rolled on the flood laughing.

" what reference was that?"  He asked me, when I had finally risen from the ground .

"How'd you know that it was a reference? "
He snorted.

" I'm not stupid ya know... "
" could have fooled me... "

" excuse me?! "
" Friends. " I said smiling.

" what? Of course we're friends... Why would you question that?! "

I giggled. "and so he said that he wasn't stupid. It was a friends reference moron! It's a really popular TV show. "

" aaah... So,  wanna go to the hall and see what Al's doing? " I smirked and yelled before taking off, " RACE YOU THERE!!!"

And with Scorp one heels, I ran towards the d great Hall. And as I opened the door, I had a sinking feeling in my chest... Like something wasn't right.... And as I took in the view in front of me, needless to say, I was spot on.