On A Drive With The Potters

SCORPIUS'S POV

I could have sworn Rose looked a shade paler when she got into her car. I quickly tried to wave to her, but she was talking to Hugo. I only hope Mr. Weasley doesn't make her break up with me...

I got in the car with the Potters and watched as all cars pulled out of the parking lot.
In the car, Mrs. Potter and Lily started up a conversation about Lily's year at Hogwarts while James and Mr. Potter talked about this year's Quidditch cup (which Gryffindor was unfortunately closer to winning than the Slytherins.)  Al was talking to Teddy about his current job as an auror, I listened in on the conversation as no one had yet started up a conversation with me, which was actually a relief, because I definitely didn't want to talk about my relationship with Rose in front of her uncle and aunt yet. I wanted to live a little more. I spoke too soon.

"So Scorpius, how's school going for you? " Mrs Potter asked with a slight smirk. Of course she knew, if Mrs. Weasley knew, then she definitely had too.

"Uh, pretty good so far..." I replied cautiously.

"Only good? I'm sure Rosie wouldn't agree... " James smirked. Great. Now Mr. Potter would listen too. Just what I wanted, Rose was like a daughter to Mr. Potter and like James, he was especially protective of both Lily and Rose equally.

"Rose? What has Rose got to do with Scorpius's year?"   Teddy said now fully joining in on pulling my leg.

"Uh... You know she's my gir- Uh I mean best friend... And we hang around a lot and we study together we also have a really friendly bond... You know nothing romantic. Just friends, like we have always been... Nothing new at all. We aren't dating if that's what you guys think. I mean sure we're close and all but we aren't dating... " as the car came to a stop in front of a traffic signal, they all turned to look at me. All wearing similar looks of amusement. Suddenly Mrs. Potter started laughing and soon everyone excluding me joined

Suddenly everyone, started laughing. Mr. Potter included.

"You think we don't know?"  said Mr. Potter still laughing.   "Relax Scorpius, Hermione told us."

I breathed a sigh of relief. At least they knew. I could live a day longer.

"You don't mind me dating your niece? " I asked them.

" Oh Hell no! " exclaimed Mrs. Potter.

" You're like our son Scorpius! We know you'll treat her right her right! Now it was that McLaggen boy I didn't like. He was an arse. Ron quite agrees though, Fuck! Now I owe him fifty galleons! " Mr. Potter said.

Mrs. Potter hit him on the arm.
" Harry! Language! For Merlin's  sake there are children in the car! "

" Calm down Gin. They probably swear ten times worse than I do. "

" True. Quite true. " said James.

" That does not mean that you will encourage it! " exclaimed Mrs. Potter completely ignoring James's  comment.

" Oh come on Ma! Let 'em all live a little. "  said Teddy from the back of the car.

" Live a little? You, boy are are someone to talk about living. Have I ever told you I don't approve of the tattoos and piercings?! Doesn't Victoire mind at all! I think it looks absolutely disgusting. Don't the people at the stores ask for parental agreement?! "

Teddy just smirked at Mr. Potter who was trying to look innocent by keeping an eye at the traffic lights and tapping his fingers on the wheel while whistling.

" Harry Potter! How dare you! You allowed your son to get piercings and tattoos! Do you have any idea how - - - " and it went on for the entire car journey.

I sniggered with the rest and looked outside the window, I could see Ron Weasley's car in front of us and could make out Rose's wild hair from the back. The Weasleys and Potters were more of a family to me than my own was. Even though mum tried to visit me earlier, she couldn't do it now, since she was completely bed ridden. And because of my friendship with the Wotter clan and Co., and my relationship with Rose, my oh-so-loving father had forbidden me from setting foot in the Malfoy Manor. Which means that I could only see my mum when she gets better. Let me rephrase that. If she gets better. We drove till Devon alongside the Weasley's  till they all separated. Barring the Potters, all lived in Ottery St. Catchpole or very close by. I saw ROSE'S car disappear in the distance and hoped all would be right.

We reached the Potter Manor about an hour later and when we entered the house, a howler lay upon the center table.

As Mr Potter carefully opened it up, it only shrieked a few words in Mr. Weasley's voice.

" YOU OWE ME 50 GALLEONS POTTER! TEACH YOU NOT TO BET ON DAUGHTER'S LOVE LIFE!! *laughter*"

And as the howler ripped apart, I couldn't help but snigger. All would be fine it seems.