I Really Love You Rosie

SCORPIUS'S POV

Well the name is a give away... Now for Merlin's sake! Read on!

As we entered the Great Hall, Rose froze in front of me. I peeked from behind her and as soon as I looked inside, I froze right alongside her.

Ali was standing in front of us, her face red. Lorcan Scammander was standing next to her wearing the same look as Ali on his face.

And most importantly, Albus Potter was standing on the Slytherin table with Skye Zabini. Standing wasn't really the right verb for this. Kissing. Kissing was the word.

Albus Severus Potter, Was kissing Skye Parkinson Zabini.

And as my eyes raked over the entire hall, I noticed that no one except for the Slytherins looked happy for them. Everybody else was either looking like they didn't really care, or they were just minding their own business.
But the Wotter clan and Co., They just looked at Ali with a sympathetic expression.

I felt Rose move behind me. She moved in between Ali and Lorcan, and held their hands.
Lorcan flinched and turned away from the scene and walked away from the Hall. And Ali followed his lead.

And it was only after Rose ran out after them, I realized. Lorcan Scammander didn't like Rose, he liked Skye. And Rose and Lorcan were nothing but best friends. And all my jealousy was useless..... But the worst thing, I had gone through the torture of dating Jessica Nott for absolutely no reason. And if Ali seemed so hurt when Al was sucking Skye, I had hurt Rose just like that, for no reason.

And as I ran out of the hall after them, I had already made up mind. I wasn't going to wait till Christmas. I was going to do it today.

May the odds be in my favour.

****

On the way to the Ravenclaw common room, I got really lucky. I ran into Jessica Nott. Snogging Dave Matthews from Hufflepuff. They didn't even seem to notice me till I cleared my throat.

"Scorpius!! "she exclaimed. Without waiting for an excuse I said, "Jessica!! How could you do this to me?! I thought that we had a connection! I trusted you Jessica! I guess I was wrong. We never had anything special. God knows how long you have been doing this! We can't do this any longer. It's clear that you're going your way and I'm going mine. Even it breaks my poor heart to say this, I think we should break up Jessica. "

She just nodded. Seeming least bothered by my melodramatic monologue. And I could have sworn that I heard the kissy noises as soon as I left the Corridor.
Bolting towards the Ravenclaw common room I knocked on the door.
The Eagle knocker asked in its melodic voice, "what comes to our mouth when nothing comes to our mind?"

"I don't know! Please let me inside! " I cried impatiently.

"Correct!" and the door swung open.

Still bewildered, I stepped in, to see Rose hugging Ali who was leaning into her silently, and Lorcan sitting on the floor, adjacent to her feet.

Rose looked up and gave me a helpless expression.

I motioned her towards myself, still unnoticed by the brooding two.

She put a now sleeping Ali down on the sofa, picked up a blanket from somewhere and put it on her. She stepped away from the place, carefully avoiding stepping on Lorcan, and came to me.

"How're they doing?" I asked her, the concern for Ali and Lorcan in my voice surprising me.

"They're heartbroken. What else? Can you imagine the thought of the person you like, liking someone else?"

" yeah, yeah I can. " I said. "Rose, can I say something to you?"

She raised her eyebrows.
"ohkay? " she said sounding confused.

"I broke up with Jessica."

She didn't look happy like I wanted her to, but rather, she looked sympathetic.

"Why? What happened?! Are you okay? Of course you aren't. You just broke up... Do you want to sit down too? Do you want some cocoa? I'm pretty sure we smuggled some in from the kitchens"

"Rose! " I cut her off "I'm not sad. Infact, I'm the opposite of sad. I'm happy. I never really liked her."

"Ikay.. So then why did you go out with her? " she asked me

"Because, yeah, now comes the hard part.... You see Rose.. I went out with her because, because Al told me too. He said that it might help... Uh in you know... Uh"

"Help in what?" She asked me.. Completely oblivious of what I was saying.

"In making you... Uhm... Jealous?"

"Why would you want to make me jealous?" she said still lost. "Because she might be closer to you? I mean c'mon Scorp, our friendship isn't that cheap... Or wait... Did you go to the annual book Fair with her! Scorp! You know how much I love going there with you! I can't believe you would do this."

Suddenly I lost it.

"No! Because I love you Rosie. Gosh darn it! For a Ravenclaw you sure are pretty stupid. "

Her mouth was left hanging open. She was looking at me like I had told her that our charms classes were cancelled for the week.

" so.. I think... I think.. I'll be... Heading out... Uh... going now.. I'm.. So... Okay bye! " and I turned to go out.

3RD PERSON POV

And as he walked out, Scorpius Malfoy suddenly felt someone pull him and he turned to see Rose Weasley behind him.

"But you guys didn't go to the book fair right?" Rose asked timidly.

"Nooooo...." Scorpius replied uncertainly .

Rose laughed and pulled him close.

"I Love you too Dummy" and before we knew it the two were kissing.
Soon not caring about the rest of the world, the two retreated to the astronomy tower, where they stayed up all night talking. Needless to say, both were heads over heels in love with each other.  And nothing could change that. Nothing.