Realization

(Barry's POV)

I sob into Iris's shoulder. She's dead. My hell is coming true. I tried everything for nothing. The sobs racked my body. Iris. Iris, I'm so sorry. I failed. My breathing hitches in my chest. I hold her close to my chest, her body cooling. I hear footsteps behind me, but I don't turn around. "Barry!" Someone screams. I don't turn around. I look down at my hands, covered in her blood. I feel the white lightning before I see him. Before I can move, Savitar Impales me in my lower stomach.

The pain is breathtaking. I stare down at the bloodied blade sticking out of me. I feel his cold hand on my shoulder. "Goodbye, Barry." He growls. He rips the blade from my body. I collapse to the ground. I land on my side, looking at her body. I clutch the wound. I feel the blood pulsing in my ears. I gasp for breath. I lift my head and try to grab her cooling hand weakly. The energy is being sucked out of me quickly, and I realize I do my have much time left. Through overcoming blackness, a thought calms me. At least you'll be with her. The darkness then overcomes my vision.

(Joe's POV)

My heart stops as Savitar impales barry. Within a second, Savitar flashes away. "Barry!" I scream again. I run down to where he is. I collapse next to him. "Oh god, please no," I beg. I press my hands on to Barry's wounds. The breaths coming out of his mouth are slow. Julian rushes to me. "Let me see him." He commands. I let Barry go. I move over to Iris. I hold her to my chest and sob. Suddenly she transforms, and she's not Iris. It's H.R. I put him down. I look at Julian, who stares at H.R. In horror. "She's alive!" I say.

(Iris POV)

I jump as Savitar flashes into the room. I glare at him. He smirks at me. "He's dead." He says. My whole world shatters in seconds. "What did you do to him?" I scream and break down sobbing. "I impaled him in the stomach," Savitar growls. He can't be dead. Savitar must be lying. "You're lying," I scream at him. "I'm not lying." He says. He walks towards me. "Prepare to be here for a long time."