Chapter 1: The Figure

__Third Person__

The waiting area for the Hunter's exam is packed with people of all different kinds. There are people talking, but the atmosphere between everyone is heavy. A little too heavy. A man sits against the wall with wavy red and purple hair that somehow sticks out away from him, almost defying gravity. He is wearing jester's clothing with a number pin on it that shows the digits forty-four, and he has a red star under one eye and a blue tear under the other.

His golden eyes scan the room as he smirks to himself. He chuckles as he sees a boy with black hair, green attire, determined brown eyes, and backpack with a fishing pole sticking out. His name is Gon. Gon chats happily with three other people. There is another young boy who has silver hair, killer blue eyes, and he is wearing casual clothing in shades of purple and white, and is holding a skateboard. He goes by Killua. The tall twenty-five-ish looking man with black hair, wearing a blue suit, glasses, carries a suitcase, and calm brown eyes with fiery spirit hidden behind them, is Leorio. The other person besides Leorio is a blonde headed teen named Kurapika, who is wearing blue cape lined in red with a white training suit underneath, black eyes that seem to be hiding a different color underneath, and has blue flats on.

As the four of them continue talk, the jester stands up. He goes to walk over to them, but a person bumps into him. The man in jester's clothing has an annoyed expression before smirking evilly. Out of nowhere, the man's arms turn into pink and white petals. The random man screams in agony and falls to his knees.

"Oh, how peculiar... His arms seem to have become flower petals. No smoke and mirrors here. Do take care. When you bump into someone, you really should apologize." The man in jester's clothing says evilly, a look of malice glinting in his eyes.

Everyone looks at both of the men, wide eyed with shock or surprise. The jester ignores the crowd, going back to his seat against the wall. People begin to talk again but the heaviness of the atmosphere still doesn't leave. Then everyone goes dead silent when another presence appears. It is cold, strange, powerful, and has a terrifying atmosphere that seems to be coming from the entrance. Everyone's eyes nervously search the entrance as the sound of footsteps grows closer and closer. The atmosphere of which the single person was emitting becomes denser as it goes on. The footsteps come awfully close until a figure appears at the entryway. They are a little bit above average height and is wearing a black cloak that covers their body completely, besides their nose down which has a black skull mask covering it. Their hands are hidden by black gloves. The cloaked figure walks closer and closer to the crowd. The mob of people wanting to be hunters, find themselves backing away. A small human-like creature with a roundish green head and a black suit, nervously walks up to the figure. He is known as Beans. He holds out a number pin with the figure 406 on it.

"H-here you go! T-The hunter's exam will s-start shortly." Beans explains with wide eyes, a heavy stutter present in his voice.

The cloaked figure nods and takes the pin. They put the pin on themselves and then wave their hand in a backwards and forwards motion.

The words, "Thank you," appear in the middle air next to the figure.

Beans laughs nervously.

"N-no problem, S-Sir!" Beans squeaks out.

Beans pauses.

"Y-You are a man, r-right?" Beans asks nervously.

The figure waves their hand again.

The word, "Yes," appears this time.

"T-Thank you!" Bean squeaks out again.

The figure nods and Beans rushes away. Murmurs are heard in the crowd.