Chapter 5: The Final Phase

__Mystique's POV__

We all stand in a line near a wall in the large room. I glance at Bodoro to see a serious expression plastered on his face. I look next to me to see Hisoka with his eyes closed and calm expression. I sigh slightly and look straight ahead. I lastly look at Issac along with all the other examiners. They seem surprisingly calm. A man then walks up to the middle in a suit and faces toward us with an unreadable expression.

"The first match is Mystique versus Bodoro. Please step foward." The man says.

Bodoro and I walk to the middle. We face each other and now that I have a closer look at him, he seems familiar... and not in a good way...

"I will serve as the referee. My name is Masta. Best of luck." The so called 'Masta' says.

I glance at him.

'Must be new. I haven't seen him before...'

Masta then steps back.

"Now then, it's time to begin." Masta says.

I take a few steps back and stand up tall. Bodoro then gets into a fighting position. One that seems all too familiar. Masta raises his arms.

"Begin!" Masta yells while crossing his arms quickly.

Bodoro launches himself at me but I dodge quickly. I grab his collar and throw him to the wall. He hits the wall hard making a large thudding noise. A few people flinch. Bodoro groans and I walk over to him. He stumbles to get up and gets into the same familiar fighting position. I tilt my head slightly and wave my hand.

The words "Do I know you?" appear.

Bodoro raises an eye brow.

"I would imagine not." Bodoro says confused but I can tell there is a hint of nervousness.

My eyes narrow as I look at the older man. Something is definitively off about this man. I wave my hand.

The words, "Then what aren't you telling me?" appear in a blood red color.

Bodoro's stance falters a bit.

'There it is. He does know me but...how?'

I crack my neck in a swift motion and rush toward Bodoro. He tries to move out of the way in time but I grab him by his neck, preventing his escape. I look into his dark eyes to see pure fear and... What? No... I must be imagining thing... Am I? Is that regret in his eyes? I shake it off. I wave my free hand.

The words, "I recommend you surrender now Bodoro or you will loose an eye." appear in a blood red color.

Bodoro's face pales.

"What?" He says shocked.

I glance at everyone else to see terrified expressions from those who are now realizing that the screams about people's eyes were caused by me, Hisoka with his eyes widened slightly, and Issac along with the other examiners with slightly concerned faces. Sighing deeply, I turn my attention back to Bodoro and I begin to reach toward his right eye. He panics and tries to escape my grasp but I only tighten my grasp, choking him.